Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fuse C2 blowing as soon as oil temp reaches 90

davenice

997.2 Carrera S PDK

My car has recently started blowing fuse C2 whenever the car's oil temp reaches 90C.

It then displays 'PASM indicator faulty" and the radiator fan starts blowing nonstop. The suspension also gets stuck in firm sports mode.

According to the manual, Fuse C2 is used by the PASM control unit, climate control unit, reft. pressure sensor, mobile phone & heated spray jet.

We've changed the air con pressure sensor but the issue still occurs.

Anyone seen this issue before? Anything else we should be checking?

im afraid i have no wiring diagrams for the gen 2 .. so im going to wing it here ..

You need to disconnect each system in turn .. heated spray jets would be my first thought but the temp it blows at doesn't make sense ..

Either way lift the bonnet unplug them and see .

Mobile phone .. i doubt you have that .

A/C and i would unplug the sensor .

PASM .. interesting .. i'm unsure if that's just the control unit or the shocks as well .. with no diagram i cant say .

climate control and that's the switch panel for the heater controls in the dash .

Fans blowing at full speed .. i suspect there's something else off of that fuse .. the fans do this when either a single fan fails or the car doesnt know the temp of the engine so defaults to flat out fan speed .

Thanks for the info, deMort. Turned out to be a wire in the driver's seat was causing a short and blowing the fuse.

That's interesting as seats are not listed for that fuse i assume .. good call in finding the fault though .. things like this are never easy .. for me its good fun though .. but im weird so i'm told lol .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back