Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Broken Indicator Stalk

jezgreen911

Hockenheim
So driving home in the sunshine yesterday and enjoying life .......

Then the indicators start playing up, down for left won't cancel and up for right has to be held up to work, a quick Google search points to a common problem and a sealed unit.......

Just wanted to check that a repair is not possible before I order a new complete four stalk unit?

Cheers :thumb:

Slight thread hijack - just been looking at the stalks to check the prices and noticed there are a few different types.

Mine is a 3 stalk (onboard computer). What extra work is involved in fitting the 4 stalk to get cruise? Any extra modules / cables to fit or just a re-program of the brain?

Ian

Paynewright said:
Slight thread hijack - just been looking at the stalks to check the prices and noticed there are a few different types.

Mine is a 3 stalk (onboard computer). What extra work is involved in fitting the 4 stalk to get cruise? Any extra modules / cables to fit or just a re-program of the brain?

Ian

Cheap amd easy on e-gas cars, not so on those with a proper throttle cable as I understand it.

MC

MisterCorn said:
Paynewright said:

Ian

Cheap amd easy on e-gas cars, not so on those with a proper throttle cable as I understand it.

MC

With a cable throttle manual car you need the "tempomat" controller (its a servo motor and ecu), throttle pedal with extra actuation cable and a another brake pedal switch to fit to the clutch pedal. You need to make up some cabling between stalk and tempomat and switch, and a wire to the clocks for the light, but AFAIK it does not need any car coding as the system is independant of the ECU. A Tip needs extra wires. There is a guide somewhere on the American websites.

I have collected the bits apart from stalks and wiring to fit to my car but never been bothered. Rarely use it for long motorway drives anymore since we had a baby.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back