Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 0
991 : 2011- 26
997 : 2004- 57
996 : 1997-2005 32
993 : 1993-1998 2
964 : 1989-1993 0
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 2
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 3
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 1
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 27
Cayman : 2005- 21
Cayenne : 2003- 7
Macan : 2014- 5
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 0
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
T8
General
General


Joined: 29 Jun 2010
Posts: 16298
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roro wrote:


You may have a point there... I think I read/heard that they all used the same shell now and assumed that was for all models not just some of them

PS What's with the italics on 'turbo'?



I've just re-read an EVO article which says that for the first time since the 993 the new 911 will only come in 2 body sizes. For the 993 that was narrow for base cars and wide for the 'S' cars and the turbo.

I'm assuming that, as we know that the 992 Carreras and GT3 will all be one width, the turbo and RS cars will be wider.

I use turbo to highlight that I'm referring to the proper '911 turbo' as opposed to these JCL thingys that just happen to have turbochargers. Very Happy
_________________
2007 Guards Red 997 Turbo Tiptronic
ex 2004 Polar Silver 996T Tiptronic
ex 2002 Seal Grey 996.2 C4 Tiptronic
ex 1978 Silver 924 Manual
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Roro
Long Beach


Joined: 01 Oct 2010
Posts: 6432
Location: Berkshire


PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T8 wrote:
Roro wrote:


You may have a point there... I think I read/heard that they all used the same shell now and assumed that was for all models not just some of them

PS What's with the italics on 'turbo'?



I've just re-read an EVO article which says that for the first time since the 993 the new 911 will only come in 2 body sizes. For the 993 that was narrow for base cars and wide for the 'S' cars and the turbo.

I'm assuming that, as we know that the 992 Carreras and GT3 will all be one width, the turbo and RS cars will be wider.

I use turbo to highlight that I'm referring to the proper '911 turbo' as opposed to these JCL thingys that just happen to have turbochargers. Very Happy


“JCL”??

Grin
_________________
2007 997.1 GT3
2017 F87 M2
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
pzero
General
General


Joined: 18 Jul 2010
Posts: 5610
Location: London


PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roro wrote:
T8 wrote:
Roro wrote:


You may have a point there... I think I read/heard that they all used the same shell now and assumed that was for all models not just some of them

PS What's with the italics on 'turbo'?



I've just re-read an EVO article which says that for the first time since the 993 the new 911 will only come in 2 body sizes. For the 993 that was narrow for base cars and wide for the 'S' cars and the turbo.

I'm assuming that, as we know that the 992 Carreras and GT3 will all be one width, the turbo and RS cars will be wider.

I use turbo to highlight that I'm referring to the proper '911 turbo' as opposed to these JCL thingys that just happen to have turbochargers. Very Happy


“JCL”??

Grin


Johnny come lately's?
_________________
991.1 Carrera GTS
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Roro
Long Beach


Joined: 01 Oct 2010
Posts: 6432
Location: Berkshire


PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pzero wrote:
Roro wrote:
T8 wrote:
Roro wrote:


You may have a point there... I think I read/heard that they all used the same shell now and assumed that was for all models not just some of them

PS What's with the italics on 'turbo'?



I've just re-read an EVO article which says that for the first time since the 993 the new 911 will only come in 2 body sizes. For the 993 that was narrow for base cars and wide for the 'S' cars and the turbo.

I'm assuming that, as we know that the 992 Carreras and GT3 will all be one width, the turbo and RS cars will be wider.

I use turbo to highlight that I'm referring to the proper '911 turbo' as opposed to these JCL thingys that just happen to have turbochargers. Very Happy


“JCL”??

Grin


Johnny come lately's?


Plausible, I’ve never seen it expressed as that acronym before, every day is a school day!
_________________
2007 997.1 GT3
2017 F87 M2
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
T8
General
General


Joined: 29 Jun 2010
Posts: 16298
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roro wrote:


Plausible, I’ve never seen it expressed as that acronym before, every day is a school day!



Sorry, it's probably not a common acronym except on the football forums I frequent where it's often used when talking about those that think football wasn't invented until 1992. Very Happy
_________________
2007 Guards Red 997 Turbo Tiptronic
ex 2004 Polar Silver 996T Tiptronic
ex 2002 Seal Grey 996.2 C4 Tiptronic
ex 1978 Silver 924 Manual
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
sim996
Monza


Joined: 05 Aug 2017
Posts: 233



PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 1st look at the 992 Turbo ? Reply with quote

911UK wrote:
This image has appeared on line

Wide body 992 Turbo ...


I thought it was 2 pictures, but it's just both sides of the negative.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
MLB9911
Trainee


Joined: 09 Jun 2018
Posts: 51
Location: Hertfordshire


PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all the OPC General Managers were invited to Palm Springs recently and at the end of the meeting (?) they were all given lovely surprise of a being shown a physical 992 TURBO......someone told me for Porsche and would not say anything else.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
G2
Albert Park


Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 1586



PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this only being available in Turbo S form and being close to £200k OTR then. Again porsche source but not official.

The turbo S part makes sense as the Carrera turbo, turbo and turbo s has an obvious efficiency in models to make. Just delete the middle one and move pricing for turbo customers on by only having Carrera and Turbo S. they can still make gold/silver specials and call them exclusives.

That price certainly focuses the 992 turbo s against some very compelling competition... Question
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
easternjets
Watkins Glen


Joined: 29 Apr 2016
Posts: 2219
Location: Darlington


PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be one hell of a car if the C 4S and the like are as quick around a track as were being told they are.

Any idea on the possible bhp? With the current crop of Supercars having 600 plus it'll be interesting to see what we get.
_________________
997 Turbo Gen 2
997 Turbo Tiptronic S
Porsche 968 Coupe 1992
Porsche 928 S4
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera 1985
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum