Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Some questions from new Porsche owner?

Lee997

Hi, picked up my first Porsche last week a 2005 911 997.1, I have some questions I hope you can help me with.

1. I can't seem to get the Cd changer to work, even pressing the disk cartridge eject button on the front of the remote unit doesn't do anything.
Am I missing something? (It does have the DVD satnav unit fitted directly above the CD player.

2. The offside headlight washer seems to be leaking ( resulting in the washer fluid empty warning coming up within a day). Is this common?

3. Not sure how old the satnav disk is, can I get an update tha5 will work on my unit/ model.

4 what can I do to get some form of mobile phone connection or iPod in the Porsche that works through to head unit ?

Many thanks, Lee.

welcome and congrats on the new car

1&2 check to see they are plugged and piped in
3 you will need to check the disc to know what version is on it and updates are available or worth upgrading the sat nav to a non Porsche version

Hi Lee,

Welcome to the forum.

1) sorry don't have multichanger so can't help
2) I've heard of this, have a read; http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=655412
3) you can get satnav update from Porsche but latest is 2015 maps and 7 digit postcode for c£500!. Some places have copies of the discs but you have to sit there for hours inserting all 8 discs or something. Best just using a magnetic air vent phone mount and waze.

4) for 997.1 I think the only Bluetooth option is a Denison or an FM transmitter

I'm sure someone with a gen1 can be more help on questions 1&4

Spend the £500 on a new head unit. PCM 2.1 is useless!!!!!

:welcome:

For bluetooth connectivity the unit from lapower / mr12volt has had good reviews and is relatively cheap, more info here - http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=130900

Your OPC will happily relieve you of £350 - £400 to update your sat nav maps :D
Personally I prefer to use Waze on my phone (even in my 2018 BMW).

BTW :useless: :)

1/ It sounds like its dead . there is a fuse in the unit and i think another in the fuse board that need checking .

2/ It needs a new washer jet .

3/ Porsche update for these are not cheap and not that new .

4/ Something like a Parrot system im guessing ... Porsche systems are not very good here .

Map update available on eBay. Mine works, cost about £20 from Eastern Europe.

Bluetooth is a real bugbear- not available on a gen 1 car. Options include cheap radio Bluetooth units that plug into your ciggie lighter and broadcast to the radio, a Dension or similar unit (do your research there are several options) or take out PCM 2.1 completely and swap for a new head unit. Again, this takes research but is relatively simple on a non- one car, harder otherwise.

If you have a Porsche warrantee then you cannot change the spec on the car, at least not at the time of taking out the warrantee. Subsequently if your bit goes faulty you are on your own and if you want to then further renew the warrantee you have to revert it to original spec for their inspection.

Good luck.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back