Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Black vinyl headlight surrounds in the U.K.?

Hi monkey, if you can check PayPal to verify funds and also I have PM'ed you regards to posting details !!.

Cheers..

J

Hi Phil these look awesome - are they the vinyl stick on type or other (oem??). Thanks, James
Phil 997 said:
Yes , I went with the carbon ones very thin fitted nicely.

Lordjimimac said:
Hi Phil these look awesome - are they the vinyl stick on type or other (oem??). Thanks, James
Phil 997 said:

No not vinyl they are thin carbon and fit flush with the bodywork. I used windscreen mastic to attach then as it hold strongly but they can be removed if ever you want to. I originally tried the plastic ones with a view to painting them but the plastic ones are far too thick and stood proud of the bodywork which made them look odd. :thumb:

awesome thanks Phil - may i ask where you got them from?
big thanks,
james
Phil 997 said:
Lordjimimac said:
Phil 997 said:

No not vinyl they are thin carbon and fit flush with the bodywork. I used windscreen mastic to attach then as it hold strongly but they can be removed if ever you want to. I originally tried the plastic ones with a view to painting them but the plastic ones are far too thick and stood proud of the bodywork which made them look odd. :thumb:

Just a Friendly thread revival service.

Any more of these available ?
Ideally looking black but thin plastic like the carbon ones posted

Cheers

Hovis said:
Just a Friendly thread revival service.

Any more of these available ?
Ideally looking black but thin plastic like the carbon ones posted

Cheers

I originally brought the black plastic type but it was so thick it sat proud of the front wing and looked odd the carbon are much thinner and sit flush personally options are buy carbon and paint it black and hope the paint thickness isn't an issue or get the sticker type off monkey if he has any left. or just leave it carbon it does look nice

Attachments

• 7car_115.jpg
    7car_115.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 1,694
  • img_0316_127.jpg
    img_0316_127.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 1,694
  • img_0315_435.jpg
    img_0315_435.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,694
  • 26548616671_b530ab73c9_c_636.jpg
    26548616671_b530ab73c9_c_636.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 1,694
I'm fancying a pair of these too along with rear arch stone chip guards in black on my guards red. 8)

Loving this look.....and with black stone guards!!!
Going to PM Monkey and if he has none left order some from the states. There's quite a few colours available....

Attachments

• screenshot_2019_04_03_at_182939_508.png
    screenshot_2019_04_03_at_182939_508.png
    465 KB · Views: 1,560
  • porsche_997_headlight_trim_over_red_279.jpg
    porsche_997_headlight_trim_over_red_279.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 1,560
All decals for the above look ordered from Kyle at KI Studios;

Stone guards
Stripe
Headlight trims

Can't wait to fit them ready for Dinslaken trip.

8) 8) 8)

Sorry - rarely come on here nowadays! I do have a couple of sets left, but I see there is some one selling them on ebay for half the cost of KI studios.

No worries. I ordered of KI so everything has the same finish.

@monkey let me know how much.

I saw the ones in ebay but thought I'd ask here first.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back