Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 Assisted Hill Start & Brake Assist - PDK

Hamster75

Not had my 991 long PDK version & just wondered if any other longer term owners have motioned this, when I drive the car at low speed the hill assist kicks in as it should when your on an incline quite useful, however when doing basic manoeuvring I can slightly hear it & feel it slightly kicking in & out when just doing basic manoeuvres i.e. revising up my drive ect.

Is this normal or can it be fully switched off, as you can just hold it on the brake anyway, also is this a way of Porsche wearing out your discs sooner or is it normal in the 991.1 -991.2 :?:

I cant say its correct 100% but it certainly seems so to me .. its the pads and not the handbrake that holds the car , they release very quickly so no real extra wear will occur .

There is no option to turn off this function via the driver or indeed via a tester and coding that i'm aware of .

Safety features tend to be fixed .

Thanks deMort
yes it is the pads that seem to hold but quickly goes off so sounds normal, just my 997 didn't do this so feels a bit weird in slow manoeuvres.
My drive is on an incline so i can feel it then.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back