Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Genuine Porsche Wipers - £££ - Ouch!!

911Time

Checking through the service records for my car the other day I couldn't see any mention of wipers so, despite the current ones looking OK, I thought I'd just pop on a new set: Having the OPC warranty, I decided to keep it genuine.

WOW, what are genuine Porsche wipers made of? I've never paid more than about £30 for a good quality set but Porsche and most others wanted closer to £100 for a front/rear set (mine has the rear wiper).

I can only assume they're made of some rare material (like Oakley with their Unobtanium rubber) or Weissach must have spent millions redesigning the same blade as everyone else uses, for 3 times the price :?

Porsche tax I understand for something designed especially for a Porsche but not for something mundane like wipers....

Finally found the best price at 9 Apart Ltd, who did a genuine set, including delivery for £78.95 :thumb:

Porsche wipers are N rated. Without the correct N rated wipers the car's handling will be affected, your warranty is invalidated and your engine will explode. Your house may also get infested with locusts.

Don't say you weren't warned. :eh!:

Don't so ridiculous Robert.
We don't have locusts in the UK. Rats, more likely. :D

Robertb said:
Porsche wipers are N rated. Without the correct N rated wipers the car's handling will be affected, your warranty is invalidated and your engine will explode. Your house may also get infested with locusts.

Don't say you weren't warned. :eh!:

:floor: :floor: :floor: Now it all makes sense....

Thank goodness I went with the genuine ones - can't abide locusts, unless deep fried and covered in honey :wink:

As a northerner I'm not sure I would admit to paying £78.95 for three wiper blades on a public forum.

Even amongst mates I think some of them would never talk to me again.

My mum was once talked into paying the Skoda dealer £11 for a screen wash top up at service time. I looked at her a bit funny for a few days after that.

Please tell me they fitted them for you, that would ease my mind a little.

wasz said:
As a northerner I'm not sure I would admit to paying £78.95 for three wiper blades on a public forum.

Even amongst mates I think some of them would never talk to me again.

My mum was once talked into paying the Skoda dealer £11 for a screen wash top up at service time. I looked at her a bit funny for a few days after that.

Please tell me they fitted them for you, that would ease my mind a little.

You must be joking wasz - the best price of £78.95 for the genuine wipers was supply only. There are parts of the world where I could actually employ someone to wipe my windows for me for less...

Cayenne ones from Halfords are £19.00 each for Halfords brand or £20 each for Bosch. Was tempted to buy one of each but splashed out on a pair of Bosch self fitted.
Too tight to buy ones for the 911 so I won't take it out in the rain!

A set of Bosch wiper blades is under £30 at ECP, with free delivery. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Porsche use one and the same, but with added Porsche tax?

Bought Bosch wipers this week from ECP with the discount £18 ish.. look exactly the same as the ones I took off.

^^^^That^^^^
Sorry, but you have been mugged :wack:

s70rjw said:
A set of Bosch wiper blades is under £30 at ECP, with free delivery. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Porsche use one and the same, but with added Porsche tax?

Correct, but they use very expensive packaging :D

The Porsche wiper blades have Porsche part numbers (991xxxxxx) and although they probably look and perform exactly the same as the Bosch ones, without an official number, technically they're non-standard.

There seem to be so many incidents now of the Approved Used warranty not being honoured because the OPC has found even the tiniest deviation from stock, that I feel obligated to fit everything as a genuine item, simply to avoid potential aggro later down the line - although someone would have to be eagle eyed to spot non-standard wipers, if they do look and it says Bosch I would have wasted £30 on the them and had to pay an OPC £100+ for original plus fitment!!

If someone else has the AU warranty and wants to fit Bosch that's up to them, I'd rather fit original parts but am aggrieved at being fleeced for a mundane item - in my opinion the price is indefensible but there you go. :x

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back