Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sports chrono

I think mine will be quite useful... :thumb:

:bandit:

Attachments

• wart_206.jpg
    wart_206.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 2,122
There's more than just the 'wart' to consider though isn't there. On the '7' generation, the Sport button controls the PASM and PSE. Also quickens up the throttle response, car feels lazy without it. Never use my car not in Sports mode other than whilst I warm her up. This then keeps the PSE actuators and butterfly valve ranges in check.

Good advise to anyone with PSE.

Pretty sure Sport mode puts a different map on the engine as my exhaust pops and spits on change up in Sport mode, also dents the fuel economy as well!

Definitely transforms a PDK box and in Sport plus it's even madder. Just wish the button was easier to access from the steering wheel like it is in the new 992.

That's a neat retro fit of and oil temp gauge, personally in 2 years I've never even used the Stop Watch and I wouldn't miss it.

It wasn't a priority for me when buying, but the car I bought happened to have it, if I was buying again it certainly would be a priority, it transforms the car.

DrJimBone said:

Jimbo is that a totty detector you have fitted . finally a use for the thing :grin: :grin: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
DrJimBone said:

Jimbo is that a totty detector you have fitted . finally a use for the thing :grin: :grin: :grin:

Mate - If I had invented a functioning totty detector I'd be tooling round in a 918 not a 987 :thumb:

T8 said:
Hamster75 said:
Looks good to me as its a nice clock to tell the time from

But it's not even a clock on a 997.1 :nooo:

I was thinking on the 991 although notice thread says 997 :roll:

Getting back to the original question.

You don't need it. It will help with value when you sell though. But then you're looking at a Tiptronic, so if resale was a concern you should be looking at a manual only.

Mine has it, but I rarely use it. Mine is a Manual C2S Cabrio gen 1 2007. If you turn PASM on, its awful on 80% of UK roads as they just aren't smooth enough. So, no, not a deal breaker.

You can retro fit it to a Gen 2 car easily, but as you said Tiptronic you are only looking at Gen 1?

Buy the car on condition, not on options, unless its something you can't live with, like a red interior for me!!!!

For me, most important options were heated seats (happy wife), PSE, Manual, C2S. Did happen to end up with a stupidly high spec car though. Only thing it doesn't have is Bose, which is also a bit of a waste of time.....

resigner said:
........ But then you're looking at a Tiptronic, so if resale was a concern you should be looking at a manual only.

Manual cars are less common so they command a premium that many are prepared to pay.

All this means is that Tiptronic cars are cheaper to buy than comparable manual cars. You pay less for a Tiptronic than a manual and then sell it for less than a manual.

There will always be a healthy market for Tiptronic cars so resale values of them are not an issue.

On the (7) era there was no Sport Plus or the like, so ignore that chat as well. I personally think the tightning up of the throttle is a must, although you can retrofit an aftermarket box that does that for you. Presume that works with Tip and Manual.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back