Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 C4S Now delivered !

Brilliant! Was wondering how it was going for you today.

First customer car from my dealer was handed over today also...

main question, what tyres are they!?

(how many miles were on the clock on delivery, always a funny one that)

I went for a sneaky late night drive.
First impressions is that the power is slightly more consistent through the rev range with less noticeable boost. More like an NA car.
8 gears makes it more busy and you notice it when using the paddles.

Noise is definitely better. I didn't have PSE on the 991 but this one makes some nice crackles and rasps. A quick blast through the hindhead tunnel was fun 😀. Not as loud as my RS4 but great sounds.
Grip is phenomenal. I couldn't get it to slip even when trying a bit.
Tyres are Goodyear. I have no experience of the brand but in the dry they seem good.

Have noticed people like to get a good look at it, so I assume it looks sufficiently different to other 911's for the uninitiated.
Colour is amazing. So many different hues depending on the light.

The interior is great. I'm still working out some of the functions that I want to see while driving. Having the ability to set my own button is useful as well.
Seats are really comfortable and more grippy than the last ones. Also the leather is more 'matt" than the 991. In a good way.
My 7 year is annoyed that there is no small storage try in the middle of the tunnel in the rear! Says I should get the other one back😂

Front lift means I no longer worry pulling over the dip into my driveway 👍.

Overall really pleased with the car. Thanks for the kind comments.

Fantastic!

Oh no, my 7yr old daughter likewise is not going to be happy about that either! Lol. She's looking forward to the red seat belts though to match the brakes.

Enjoy your sunny weekend... I'm on countdown now, nearly into single digits of days to wait.

Be intriguing as I've gone for 2wd again. Looking forward to Silverstone in 4 weeks time!

First thing my son said was 'where are the red seatbelts?" :wack:

Pmsl, that's hilarious!

Post-build change then ;)

Currently driving a black 4S whilst mine is back in the workshop to work out where a coolant leak is coming from..... :eek: . Hopefully it was just a loose clip.
Luckily i only live about 2 miles from the OPC and they were suitably quick to get it looked into, It was up on a ramp within 5 mins of arriving this morning.

If this is an April 1st joke, then :D

If not, then it's obviously disappointing......I bought a new BMW 3 series a couple of years ago......at least it took me a couple of weeks to find out the A/C wasn't working....when returned to the dealership we found out it hadn't been charged at the factory ! So sometimes strange things do happen with new deliveries....

Anyway, hope you get it sorted soon and congratulations on your new car, it looks very nice..... :thumb:

Porschekit said:
If this is an April 1st joke, then :D

If not, then it's obviously disappointing......I bought a new BMW 3 series a couple of years ago......at least it took me a couple of weeks to find out the A/C wasn't working....when returned to the dealership we found out it hadn't been charged at the factory ! So sometimes strange things do happen with new deliveries....

Anyway, hope you get it sorted soon and congratulations on your new car, it looks very nice..... :thumb:

Cheers.

I wish it was an April 1st !
I was pretty relaxed about it, Sh!t happens. At least they gave me another 992.
So long as they sort it fairly quickly. I miss mine already..

:frustrated:

On my 991.2 I had to have a very simple fix of coolant cap replaced as the cap seal simply wasn't sealing. Easiest repair ever!

It appears that a pipe clip was not completely tightened/fitted correctly on the rad. They are doing multiple tests to make sure it isn't going to be an issue again and i'm collecting tomorrow AM.

On another note they had an Aventurine Green 992 being collected on Saturday. I thought it was Agate Grey! It is so subtle the colour and, whilst i prefer a slightly brighter 911, I was pleasantly suprised. If you want something a bit different that isn't bold it is well worth a consideration. Much more grey than on the configurator. Might go well with the wood....

sideways said:
Im Might go well with the wood....
No one's said that since 1986......Well they have, but it's more Spearmint Rhino :floor: :floor: :floor:

sideways said:
It appears that a pipe clip was not completely tightened/fitted correctly on the rad. They are doing multiple tests to make sure it isn't going to be an issue again and i'm collecting tomorrow AM.

On another note they had an Aventurine Green 992 being collected on Saturday. I thought it was Agate Grey! It is so subtle the colour and, whilst i prefer a slightly brighter 911, I was pleasantly suprised. If you want something a bit different that isn't bold it is well worth a consideration. Much more grey than on the configurator. Might go well with the wood....
Yeah, that's consistent with these photos. I need to see it in the flesh, but I currently want this colour, with the wood :lol:

LOVE the colour and the wheels! From your photo it seems very similar to iris blue on the 993, a Porsche classic that hasn't been in the mix for a long time.

Aventerine Green on the 993 is also very light-dependent, going for looking very grey to very green depending on the ambient light. Fantastic colour for the 992.

The colour looks very much like the 'Cobalt Blue' that I had on my 968, in the sunlight it had a sort of purple hue to it, it seemed to disappear in the early 2000's as everyone went for Silver, Merc-BMW-Porsche etc.

Your car looks stunning, love the wheels they go well with that colour.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back