Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Back after a 14 year break....

SimonK

Monza
Sold my 3.2C back in 2005 and via an Exige, Evora, original Clio Trophy, GT86 and a recent failed attempt to buy an A110 I've ended up going for a lovely 997.2 C2S which I picked up today :)

Attachments

• 997_3_small_122.jpg
    997_3_small_122.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 1,887
  • 997_2_small_180.jpg
    997_2_small_180.jpg
    715.1 KB · Views: 1,887
  • 997_1_small_208.jpg
    997_1_small_208.jpg
    657.1 KB · Views: 1,887
Is it time for the Peters and Lee hit?

Welcome back, and congrats on the purchase. :thumb:

16 years since your last post.

:welcome: back.

Nice car :thumb:

NEAT... :thumb: I would be interested in your thinking relative to the differences betwixt your 997 and your old 3.2... assuming you can remember back 14 years... :floor: Congrats on your new acquisition :thumb:

16 Years :eek: Welcome Back!

Lovely car.. congrats :thumb:

Welcome back Simon. Car looks a beaut and white really suits the 997. Nice wheels too. :thumb:

Looks great, congrats :thumb:

Looks v nice! :thumbs:

Tell us about the spec and your driving thoughts now that you are back behind the wheel of a 911 !

Thanks all.

I have to assume the car would feel like a Rolls Royce back to back with my old 3.2C. But it does definitely remind me of it. Heavy controls and a bit clunky and sulky at low speed. Good ride and handling once moving. Lovely engine out behind. Smooth, good mid range and throttle response, and lots more waiting at top end. Feels old in a good way - going fast feels fast which I find isn't the case in a lot of modern cars.

The car is white with cocoa leather and dark grey sport design wheels. Pdk, sports chrono, paddles, pse, rear parking and bose. Missing that I'm bothered by are cruise control (going to retro fit) and the sports adaptive seats (although they are heated which I wanted). Had PPI and bore scope done which was all clear for scoring but did note a little coating wear on 4-6 which at 43k miles I was advised is normal.

Overall very happy so far!

Real men drive Cocoa :bandit: Outstanding colour combo :thumb:

Welcome back Simon, there was a thread only a week ago about who had been a member the longest and still posting , I am assuming you only went out and brought the 997.2 so you could past again and say up were up there in the top three of oldest members still posting :grin: :grin: :thumb: :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back