Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyres

noel993

Silverstone
I've Michelin PS2 n3 on the rear and front what's the difference with n3 and n4 and can I use n4 on the rear

noel993 said:
I've Michelin PS2 n3 on the rear and front what's the difference with n3 and n4 and can I use n4 on the rear

Got this off Rennlist

esy of Tire Rack..

Production tires that have passed all of the tests and received the engineering department's release can be branded with an N-specification. The N-specification brandings include: N-0 (N-zero), N-1, N-2, N-3 or N-4. These markings on a tire's sidewall clearly identify them as approved by Porsche for their vehicles. The N-0 marking is assigned to the first approved version of a tire design. As that design is refined externally or internally, the later significant evolutions will result in a new generation of the tire to be branded with N-1, N-2, N-3, etc., in succession. When a completely new tire design is approved, it receives the N-0 branding and the succession begins again. :wink:

Porsche recommend only using the same N rated tyres all round, but they would.. They sell more tyres at service time
The fronts take a good while to run down vs the rears so it's worth checking the age of the tyre from the dot code, on very old tyres the rubber can harden over time and be past it's best although perfectly safe/mot passing

Essentially there is no real issue with mixing n3 and n4 tyres fronts/rears as long as your ocd can handle it.

Thanks everyone for that, so in theory n4 should be better than n3 or am I missing the point, but at my tyre garage were I go n3 are dearer than n4, it's doing my head in lol

Or just sack the whole N-rated thing off and get some newer, better, rubber on there (PS4 or PS4s depending on your wheel size).

There was a 911 model where it left the factory with different N rating numbers front and rear. 997 GT2RS I think. I'd take no notice.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back