Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Crank but will not start 2002 Porsche 996tt turbo

Good luck with getting this fixed. I think DeMort has done the first virtual rebuild on the forum.

I am suspicious of the mechanic which does make me a bit suspicious of the poster but still its.........

One of the best threads Ive read on here in a long time.

Sorry for the delay , i've been off for a few days ..

P0234 .. its a Turbo over boost .. too much boost pressure basically which isnt good for an engine .

It could be the waste gate thats sticking on one or both sides .. a split in the vacuum pipe or the solenoid valve that switches the waste gates could be faulty .

Those are the main parts to check anyways .

P0507 .. this refers to a high idle that the car can't get low enough to be in limits .. at a guess the car when warm is idling at about 1k rpm or higher.

Many things this could be but an air leak is the most obvious .. also with the first fault then they could be linked .

I would start by doing a smoke test of the inlet manifold .. basically we inject smoke into the system and see were it comes out .. very quick way of proving a suspected air leak .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back