Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New boots - which Michelin tyre?

Stuttgartflyer said:
Scholester said:
I have priced up and will be going with PS4S from Black Circles as they seem to be offering the best deal for my sizes.

My Bridgestone's have 5-6mm of tread left but I find these tend to start cracking after a year or so (also have these on my daily runner) therefore all new purchases will be Mich.

Try Camskill.co.uk normally cheaper than black circles
Thanks for the recommendation :thumb:

John H said:
PS4S for sure - the very best tyre available... :thumb:

Just note that the only Michelins to be N-Rated are PS2's so, if you need a warranty, that's your only choice - which also rules out Super Sports... :sad:

Not quite. Cup 2's are also N rated. I have them on my 997 GTS and they are excellent. Clearly a more track focused tyre and apparently they don't like very cold weather and standing water but my experiences have been very good so far.

Edit - I would have PS4S out of choice outside of warranty. I have them on a couple of other cars and they are really superb.

Thanks chaps for your comments. I think I'll either stick with PS2s or try the PS4S. But then again, if it ain't broke and all that..

:worship:

Out of interest, what pressures are you guys with PS4S running?

PS4S: I go 1 or 2 psi higher than what the door sticker says for unladen weight. Depending on ambient temps.

spiderlane said:
John H said:
PS4S for sure - the very best tyre available... :thumb:

Just note that the only Michelins to be N-Rated are PS2's so, if you need a warranty, that's your only choice - which also rules out Super Sports... :sad:

Not quite. Cup 2's are also N rated. I have them on my 997 GTS and they are excellent. Clearly a more track focused tyre and apparently they don't like very cold weather and standing water but my experiences have been very good so far.

Edit - I would have PS4S out of choice outside of warranty. I have them on a couple of other cars and they are really superb.

That's exactly why I ruled them out... :bye:

James M-S said:
PS4S: I go 1 or 2 psi higher than what the door sticker says for unladen weight. Depending on ambient temps.

I go the other way, couple of psi lower. Ideally I'll stay just above the alarm point (dash warnings) of the TPMS.

I find the steering feedback a bit mushy if they're lower.

I drop the kids to school in mine as well, so frequently carrying additional weight.

Wear is even which shows I'm not overinflated.

Update: I decided to go with a new set of Pilot Sport 2. The main reason being; these are what I had already and I think they are fab. I've used them in all sorts of conditions and, provided I don't drive a maniac, fill me with confidence. Had the car come with PS4S, no doubt I'd be retaining those as my tyre of choice.

Cheers lads :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back