Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo tyres

simonsti

I currently have P zero's on my 04 turbo but now that they are nearly 5 years old it is time for a change. What does everyone recommend and do I have to go N rated, I obviously don't have a Porsche warranty but will it affect my Insurance if I don't?

No, only important for Porsche warranty. A set of Michelin pilot sport 4, (PS4)seem to be the top tyres at the moment. Not had a chance to try them yet myself but all reports from those that have are they are very good

asterix_the_gaul said:
No, only important for Porsche warranty. A set of Michelin pilot sport 4, (PS4)seem to be the top tyres at the moment. Not had a chance to try them yet myself but all reports from those that have are they are very good

Not sure you'll get PS4 in turbo size.

Cup2 or PS2 I think.

sim996 said:
asterix_the_gaul said:

Not sure you'll get PS4 in turbo size.

Cup2 or PS2 I think.

My recollection is you can only get PS2 N3's size for turbo tyres, not PS4's. Dont know about Cup2's as I'd not fit those to a road car in any case.

Just checked the various websites and it's the rear tyre size 295 30 18 which limits your choice for a matching set, the ps4 you can only get in 996 cooking sizes: for road tyre turbo sizes as far as I can see it's the pzeros, Michelin PS2 or continental CS2.

I'm not a fan of the pzeros, I preferred the conti to the PS2 myself on different cars but never having had a turbo I'm going to wait for somebody who has to give their opinion on the choices

PS2 :thumbs:

New tyres

I have PS4's all round on my 997 turbo. I believe the ps4's don't do tyres for less than a 19 inch wheel.

Re: New tyres

bennyy said:
I have PS4's all round on my 997 turbo. I believe the ps4's don't do tyres for less than a 19 inch wheel.

Those are PS4S, not PS4.

I have PS4 on my C4S, amazing tyres and you will feel an instant difference in wet and dry grip. They are also quiet.

So in short, yes you can get them for a Turbo, not N rated though but who cares?

Game changer

Re: New tyres

Magic919 said:
bennyy said:

Those are PS4S, not PS4.

oops, yeah your right.

Just changed my PS2s for a set of Cup2s, what a transformation! The grip in the dry is eye watering compared to before, with ride comfort being much better than anticipated.

Not driven them in the wet yet but for dry weather use they are stunning :thumbs: If they made PS4S in the right sizes I would have fitted those as the best all rounders.

I just read that you were on Pirellis, my guess is that PS2 would be a great step up.

A set of Toyo's would be amazing as long as it was bone dry!!

I have them on my Westfield and when they get up to temp they are incredible.

Hans Gruber said:
I have PS4 on my C4S, amazing tyres and you will feel an instant difference in wet and dry grip. They are also quiet.

So in short, yes you can get them for a Turbo, not N rated though but who cares?

Game changer

You might PS4 on your C4, but they aren't in turbo size for the rear.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back