Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC 992 Preview nights

Alex - did you sign on the dotted line? I tried to get Howard drunk enough to order one but failed :grin:

FZP said:
Hamster75 said:
FZP said:
spongebob squarepants said:
Leeds, may actually go as slightly less ********* than OPC Wilmslow :dont know: q.
:hand: are there many Australians at your work by chance :grin:
If you need a date for Leeds, let me know, my Wilmslow one is lost in the post :evil:

Hi Frank did you get slot at one of the 992 launch evenings ?
Negative. :sad:

Frank - I have bought 7 porsches from Bolton and still didn't get an invite - had to go as Howard's guest (he's never bought a car from Bolton)

kan300 said:
FZP said:
Hamster75 said:
FZP said:
spongebob squarepants said:
Leeds, may actually go as slightly less ********* than OPC Wilmslow :dont know: q.
:hand: are there many Australians at your work by chance :grin:
If you need a date for Leeds, let me know, my Wilmslow one is lost in the post :evil:

Hi Frank did you get slot at one of the 992 launch evenings ?
Negative. :sad:

Frank - I have bought 7 porsches from Bolton and still didn't get an invite - had to go as Howard's guest (he's never bought a car from Bolton)
Graham kindly offered me a spot to go to the Chester launch, but I've got the guys rendering the brick fence over the next couple of days, j just wouldn't have made it in time. It would have to be Wilmslow or bust for me.
I think someone mentioned that slot of the invites are tied up in data protection gubbins

MTL8cI8.jpg

A8QDuGH.jpg

gVh3FXR.jpg

TtfbI0l.jpg

pEn7813.jpg

5aoFL6F.jpg

pFlq4sW.jpg

wBoo6ZS.jpg

8I3b8sc.jpg

Ag49Jdq.jpg

HqiNpqm.jpg

mtmgWyQ.jpg

kHxjCcz.jpg

ut2bg7E.jpg

AXmM9Bj.jpg

......and the most beautiful car there:

fyI7QyH.jpg

The Bolton cars appear to be the same ones at Chester tonight, also, here's one for you, the sales man told us they the press & dealers tested them all in Majorca a while ago 80 different variations of pre production 992`s he said they weren't homologated being prototypes & they most were due to be crushed scrapped at some point soon :eek:

PS Ive fallen in love & want one now, so much nicer sleeker in the metal. :)
might be 3 years time but thinking already :?:

in the words of Rod Stewart :eek:ld: Tonights the night !! OPC Hatfield :bike: :bow:

Agate Grey, Racing Yellow and Dolomite Silver were the three colours on display at Hatfield this evening, all shod with Goodyear's.
Bit crowded for a proper look so I shall pop back next month and spend a bit more time with it. Initial impression is that the shape is doing a lot more for me than the 991 did when I first clapped eyes on it.

I have booked test drive in one C4S for 6th April both me & friend who wants a 911 will come back when weve tried them out to give honest opinions.

pzero said:
Bit crowded for a proper look so I shall pop back next month and spend a bit more time with it. Initial impression is that the shape is doing a lot more for me than the 991 did when I first clapped eyes on it.

As someone who fell in love with the 991 at first glance I was taken aback by this but I popped in to an empty OPC Tonbridge showroom this morning and I get where you're coming from.

The Dolomite Silver C4S they have on display is absolutely gawjuss and (though it makes me sad to say it) made the Agate Grey 991 parked outside look dated.

T8 said:
pzero said:

As someone who fell in love with the 991 at first glance I was taken aback by this but I popped in to an empty OPC Tonbridge showroom this morning and I get where you're coming from.

The Dolomite Silver C4S they have on display is absolutely gawjuss and (though it makes me sad to say it) made the Agate Grey 991 parked outside look dated.

It's interesting how the eye becomes used to and accepts new shapes when they come onto the market, but I "got" the 992 instantly. And yes, totally understand the dated appearance of the earlier model(s). Having said that, the line up of beautifully presented air cooled 911's wheeled out for presentation last night still looked fresh and eye catching.

Are the 992 performance figures correct?

It seems mental that a 992 C4S is as quick 0-62 as the latest GT3? :?:

Sort of puts into perspective why the turbo engine was a necessary evil ! And 31 mg, thank god it's going to sound Shiite like the 991.2, meaning the LOTNA cars retain there value - phew...

Pics below probably show the imporvement to the ar5e end, I think I'd defo be speccing the black roof :worship:

what education is needed to become a forensic anthropologist

I got a bit of a surprise when the salesman told me the performance figures for the S and the 4S. The torque of the Gen 2 Turbo is a lot higher and especially in Sport. Whether or not they have the same mid range remains to be seen when I hopefully get one for a test drive.
Not just that but the handling is supposed to be improved greatly, especially if you go for RWS which I know a lot of people won't bother with unless they're tracking them.
I do prefer the shape over the 991 and I'm looking forward to seeing the Turbo in the flesh, should be a world class supercar.

Just spec'd up a std Carrera S to what most of us would like/want and it comes out at £112,073. Plus a 4S is only £5300 more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back