Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted: Standard 996.2 GT3 catalyst

LaSource

Montreal
Hi - anyone have one (or both) of these lying around? I need the right side one (when looking at the car from behind) but interested in both if a decent pair.

For those that might have gone aftermarket, what solutions have people gone for?

I've heard the akrapovic exhaust on 996 and 997 GT3. Amazing - probably one of the best noises I've ever heard but can't believe its track legal.

Yeah as much as I would enjoy something louder, I would rather maintain track friendliness. The standard car is barely below 105dB static as it is.

As you have pointed out If you use anything but standard you will really struggle with noise tests.

Standard 996 Cats are 400 cell, most / all after market are 200 Cell.

I wanted 200 cell to improve the breathing but its not worth the potential agro of black flags, there is also no manufacturer db info out there in relation to the after market parts.

Used items do come up :thumb:

Footnote that back in my 996 days I needed a catalyst and the solution that I went with was that JZM had the existing ones sent away and re-cored. 'twas £647+VAT+labour per side (~8 years ago), so not cheap but cheaper than new ones. I think that they used Europipe in Belgium for it, but no idea if it is still an option.

Used seemed a false economy at the time as you don't know what condition they are internally and how long you can expect them to last. :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back