Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Unrecorded GR 996 GT3 via Copart; LX53NRN Updated!

I think an offer mid 40s is a fair and reasonable offer for a car, that although doesn't have and CAT registered against it, has and will suffer the stigma of a CAT car by reputation.

FZP said:
I think an offer mid 40s is a fair and reasonable offer for a car, that although doesn't have and CAT registered against it, has and will suffer the stigma of a CAT car by reputation.

Doesn't have a CAT yet, could still happen.

At least this thread has saved someone about £8k, so far

917k said:
porkyb1 said:
Advert has added text re damage/repairs and new price

"The car did sustain damage on track in 2016. This was to the rear left quarter and front bumper. Both bumpers were replaced with new items, the rear left wing was repaired, as was the rear left suspension, and the alignment checked. We are confident that the car has been properly repaired, and it is HPI clear. We are happy for it to be independently inspected if you have any concerns. Because of this history, we are pricing the Porsche lower than other similar 996 GT3 Clubsports."

£56,995

I think it will sell no problem at that price, and at last someone has been honest about the damage

So another rogue dealer had been trying to flog it for £10k more than it's worth knowing it's history for enough time on all the main car sites and because he couldn't due to what was evidenced here, he's had to reduce the value to get rid of it :wack hardly a vindication for the dealer :hand:

Finally the car is almost at the right price of £55k :judge:

Senoj said:
FZP said:

Just when I think I'm getting a handle on the way things work in this country, pow, I get thrown a curveball.

FZP said:
Senoj said:
FZP said:

Just when I think I'm getting a handle on the way things work in this country, pow, I get thrown a curveball.

Ins co are the ones who inform DVLA, how would you know it's not in a pile of docs sitting on someone's desk waiting to get posted?

And. There's a link earlier to to a story about the gap in the relevant databases, records that DVLA hold vs records that so called 'vehicle check" companies hold are not aligned. Maybe those gaps will remain, maybe they won't.

911UK said:
917k said:
porkyb1 said:

"The car did sustain damage on track in 2016. This was to the rear left quarter and front bumper. Both bumpers were replaced with new items, the rear left wing was repaired, as was the rear left suspension, and the alignment checked. We are confident that the car has been properly repaired, and it is HPI clear. We are happy for it to be independently inspected if you have any concerns. Because of this history, we are pricing the Porsche lower than other similar 996 GT3 Clubsports."

£56,995

I think it will sell no problem at that price, and at last someone has been honest about the damage

So another rogue dealer had been trying to flog it for £10k more than it's worth knowing it's history for enough time on all the main car sites and because he couldn't due to what was evidenced here, he's had to reduce the value to get rid of it :wack hardly a vindication for the dealer :hand:

No, more of a pants down moment. 55 is too much btw :)

Senoj said:
FZP said:
Senoj said:
FZP said:

Ins co are the ones who inform DVLA, how would you know it's not in a pile of docs sitting on someone's desk waiting to get posted?

And. There's a link earlier to to a story about the gap in the relevant databases, records that DVLA hold vs records that so called 'vehicle check" companies hold are not aligned. Maybe those gaps will remain, maybe they won't.

Did the Insurance write it off and pay out??
If so then I can't understand how it wasn't recorded.

If not then it won't go on the list, because it's the insurers who put it there.
:dont know:

At a smidge less than it is now I may take a punt. Subject to a proper bumpers off inspection.
Can I get over it's notoriety though. :?:

Edited to add.

Ok just read the start of thread again and Insurance paid out.
I'd bet there's a Cat classification waiting in the wings somewhere.

Why do I think that?
My mate Andy bought a 964T in late 2004 or early 2005.
No underbonnet sticker but front tub 100% original and Hpi clear.
I bought it off him in 2008 and sold it in 2012 still Hpi clear.
It went up for sale last year with JZM then RPM and when someone HPI'd it it was Cat D.
Aviva had added it to the register for a minor bump back in 2004. So 14 years earlier!

Obviously the guy I sold it to got in touch and I felt pretty bad, even though me and my mate who owned it prior, knew nothing about it.
Back when we owned it it was £18k not the £100k RPM were asking.

With that in mind I wouldn't buy the GT3 unless I would be just as happy to buy it if it were cat C/D, as these things sometimes catch up with a car.

911UK said:
917k said:
porkyb1 said:

£56,995

:thumb: the best name and shame policy I've seen on any forum

FRP said:
''Twas my email to them I reckon.

I reported the ad to autotrader pointing out the car was being misrepresented as it had been sold as salvage by Copart due to it being an Insurance write-off (uneconomic repair). This also showed their history check info was wrong especially as anyone can easily prove their check was wrong.

A joint effort..

It's pretty tempting at this price - shame about the sordid history but it looks to finally be an honest listing at a decent price

good to see the price has been addressed AND this dealer has finally put details on the damage out there.

case of do the right thing and to probably avoid a future court case too once a new owner found out quickly....

cheeky bid and into a cheapish club sport

Now disappeared from AT/PH and PRs site

So either sold or returned to the owner?

Bit of a late reply but I've just spotted this thread!

I looked at this car and the paintwork hadn't been done well (it had been blown in along either door shut and unfortunately you could see the join very easily). Also, there were a few bits missing from underneath the bumper (and this was just what I could tell from it being on the ground, I didn't have access to a ramp). Hence it was clear that it had been repaired relatively cheaply! Despite this though I was interested in buying it, but the owner decided not to sell it and withdrew it from the dealer. Subsequently I heard that the seller withdrew it from the dealer to sell it privately, so it's still out there somewhere!

Did you get the chassis number by any chance? Even the last 6 numbers would help as easy change a reg plate

Not many Guards Ref club sport 996.2 cars out there tbh so it should be easy to spot and check up on.

It's on this forum and PH and buyers of this would be in the know and check I would imagine

Market has dropped quite a bit of late so the owner has no chance of trying to get the mid to late 60s they wanted

This is a 50k car now.

Very poor form on the paint work and missing plastics. Those are not cheap parts on a gt3 so would suggest a cheap repair has been done and corners cut.

This car has a new, aware and very happy owner.
Everyone can stand down.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back