Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Off to a new home

abcarrera

As I mentioned in a previous thread I was thinking about selling by gen 1.
Well today she was collected by her new owner. A really nice forum member contacted me asking if I would sell the car and he came, he saw, he liked!
The new owner also has a fantastic 968 CS so my old car will be in good company.
It was without doubt the easiest most pain free car sale I have ever done, simply put no hassle at all.
As I had mentioned before having the 2 similar cars was a pain as I never did much to either whilst I had them, I struggle with a degenerative health condition and sometimes my body doesn't want to work very well but when I bought EGTE's old car I knew that was the one I wanted to keep long term, so to my shame my gen 1 covered 249 miles in the last year which is just a waste and probably not ideal for any car to go unused.
But I know now that it will be enjoyed and used as it should be. Hopefully the new owner will update his journey with the car on the forum.

So now I can concentrate on the one car, I have a few plans for it so I just need to pull my finger out and actually get on with it. I already have bought an Aerokit II cup rear wing, plus I on the look out for some recaro front seats, so they will help me make the most out of the great suspension setup on the car.

Mind you I have a healthy looking bank balance and my gen 2, oh how I would love a GT3 😍

Attachments

• d1806c4e_d1a2_4a88_8987_1998af723526_302.jpeg
    d1806c4e_d1a2_4a88_8987_1998af723526_302.jpeg
    487.2 KB · Views: 1,545
I'm sure someone's got a cracker of a car there and I'm glad you chose to keep my old car.

The Exe-TC dampers can easily be adjusted to fit a GT3.....(I'm not helping, am I?) :D

EGTE said:
I'm sure someone's got a cracker of a car there and I'm glad you chose to keep my old car.

The Exe-TC dampers can easily be adjusted to fit a GT3.....(I'm not helping, am I?) :D

😂😂 No your not 🥴
Considering I only wanted to buy some wheels 🥴

I really happy with the choice, but I good at the man maths now and..........
You know where that goes 😉 but in all seriousness I plan to use your old car, enjoy it! I plan on some Euro trips too 👍

But should a GT3 ever happen then I sure it will wear EXe-TC 👍👍😉

Hey all,

I bought the C2 and will take some pics and introduce myself properly on a separate thread but just to say that I couldn't have hoped to have bought a car from a nicer person. SO generous with time and advice. To the point where I was thinking if I don't end up buying this car I am going to have to send a case of wine or something by way of thanks!

Anyway, if the GT3 thing happens (?!) anyone buying his car would be lucky!

Milesp said:
Hey all,

I bought the C2 and will take some pics and introduce myself properly on a separate thread but just to say that I couldn't have hoped to have bought a car from a nicer person. SO generous with time and advice. To the point where I was thinking if I don't end up buying this car I am going to have to send a case of wine or something by way of thanks!

Anyway, if the GT3 thing happens (?!) anyone buying his car would be lucky!

Was a pleasure!
I am glad the car has gone to a good home and I know it will be used as it should be now. I look forward to hearing about your adventures with it. Maybe a few laps of Goodwood at some point ?
All the best.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back