Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New to me 996 C4S

Thanks fellas.
To me it made sense buying one with the work already done, others may have taken a different route.

Attachments

• img_8736_186.jpg
    img_8736_186.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 2,226
First drive

Attachments

• img_8737_187.jpg
    img_8737_187.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 2,223
INWB said:
Congrats on the purchase - that looks lovely and will be perfect for the summer.

You planning on coming to the silverstone classic?

It's a great colour, but we're both a bit biased.

Booked in on Saturday 4th May, are you going?

Attachments

• image_1_2_657.jpg
    image_1_2_657.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 2,214
911 AU said:
RussW said:
I similarly picked up this 4S cab last week - did my first few miles in it over the weekend. Have owned a few different 911's over the years, this flavour of 911 is an awesome car. It fortunately has PSE, the noise with the roof down is a joy to behold. I'm following the higher risk route of private sale, no rebuild history, needing a little bit of love overall, so I'm keeping everything crossed, in the game of 911 ownership you win some and lose some!

I'm also in Worcestershire so I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

Don't let it worry you. My first one lasted 11 years!
PSE does make a big difference, strange though mine is on unless you press the button. I know from looking through the paperwork that a previous owner had it checked by the garage. They just confirmed that it is working in reverse.
Suits me.
Are you thinking of grills to protect the rads? Zunsport 'how to video' shows them cutting out the existing grills. I think I'll make some and fit on the inside.

Lovely cars, enjoy.

My PSE is on by default, you have to turn it off by pressing the button

As for grilles, keep an eye out for offers I was planning on making my own but ended up buying discounted Zunsport grilles.

Looks stunning.

Great choice :thumb:

Osh

Yes my PSE is also on by default, button press (i.e. illuminated) signifies "off" which is a strange logic, I queried it myself too.

Not sure about protecting the rads, I like the OE look so I'll keep it standard and hopefully avoid those flying stones
:wink:

freshy said:
911 AU said:
RussW said:
I similarly picked up this 4S cab last week - did my first few miles in it over the weekend. Have owned a few different 911's over the years, this flavour of 911 is an awesome car. It fortunately has PSE, the noise with the roof down is a joy to behold. I'm following the higher risk route of private sale, no rebuild history, needing a little bit of love overall, so I'm keeping everything crossed, in the game of 911 ownership you win some and lose some!

I'm also in Worcestershire so I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

Don't let it worry you. My first one lasted 11 years!
PSE does make a big difference, strange though mine is on unless you press the button. I know from looking through the paperwork that a previous owner had it checked by the garage. They just confirmed that it is working in reverse.
Suits me.
Are you thinking of grills to protect the rads? Zunsport 'how to video' shows them cutting out the existing grills. I think I'll make some and fit on the inside.

Lovely cars, enjoy.

My PSE is on by default, you have to turn it off by pressing the button

As for grilles, keep an eye out for offers I was planning on making my own but ended up buying discounted Zunsport grilles.

Are they just clip in or do you need to modify the apertures? I am looking at getting some Zunsport ones, Cotswold Porsche have them at 5% off list I think.

If you have a picture fitted would be good to see

Stunning car! I love the body coloured wheels. Very retro.

I'm guessing the RPM experience was a good one?
You didn't happen to have a poke around the silver 996GT3? It's on my shortlist. I'm heading south on the 13th April to view a few cars in that area.

Anyway enjoy the C4S, it really does look great. Special enough to stand out yet not over the top. 8)

Edit.

I've just read the full advert for yours. KWV3s too. They're great aren't they.
Great purchase that. :thumb:

Great looking car - which has been really looked after.

Am local to RPM - they have a good reputation around here.

Marky911 - Am only about 5 miles from RPM, so could give it a once over. If honest dont know much about GT3s in particular, but happy to take a look, if that helps....

Hi King, thanks for the offer, much appreciated. I wouldn't trail you along there though. :thumb:

I've already spoken to Alex at RPM and he assures me it's a lovely one but obviously I'm not going to buy it blind. :hand:
As I say I'm heading down anyway on Saturday 13th to hopefully view that one and the black one at Autostore. Maybe a Boxster Spyder or two as well. No rush and I won't be deciding on the day. :wink:

Anyway I won't derail AUs thread, I just thought he may have glanced over their other stock while he was there. Thanks again though King. :thumb:

Awesome looking car. The wheels and hard top in matching midnight blue are a fantastic combination. Hope you're getting to enjoy it!

Marky911 said:
Stunning car! I love the body coloured wheels. Very retro.

I'm guessing the RPM experience was a good one?
You didn't happen to have a poke around the silver 996GT3? It's on my shortlist. I'm heading south on the 13th April to view a few cars in that area.

Anyway enjoy the C4S, it really does look great. Special enough to stand out yet not over the top. 8)

Edit.

I've just read the full advert for yours. KWV3s too. They're great aren't they.
Great purchase that. :thumb:

Sorry Mark, I was on a bit of a deadline to get back home so didn't see the 996GT3.
Yes a good experience. All straight forward with RPM. Not sure what the sales detail is? Car was as described. They found it needed a major and not minor service so did that, guess that much be on the total mileage? Bit like Triggers broom this car is.
Eye watering reading some of the receipts. Nearly £250 for centre caps, supply and paint.
Really well cared for car, down to a new wind deflector.
Centre console delete, with a sub still alongside where the console used to be?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back