Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jonttt's 993 C4S Journal

jonttt said:
I'll get the £22 back somehow :grin:

I'll buy you a coffee if you turn up in it. :thumb:

jonttt said:
Fast forward 5 months and I found the car in the garage :eek:

I renewed the annual Insurance today and am aiming to take it to the Manchester meet on Saturday so decided to put the Road tax on it, even though it means me paying for a full month just to prove to Sponge that its real. I'll get the £22 back somehow :grin:

..... so off to the petrol station to check tyres and top up the fuel........not :oops: ......I usually disconnect the battery completely as its kept in a secure garage but I must have forgotten after its last use ...... so battery completely flat :pc:

Battery is on charge so will be ready to go for a shakedown tomorrow :thumb:

Big call to make Saturday, eldest is playing footie (I was hoping for divine intervention) but it's actually stopped raining! So I'm 50/50.

On the other hand Herman's wheels need showing off and Jonttt's 993 on the road :worship:

Well I actually found time to get the old girl out on the road today :cigar:

Battery now fully charged up, the car had not moved >6 months but started first turn (as always) and drove like a dream. None of the sticky tappets you can get after a layup, just a smooth rumble.

Quick trip to top up on Fuel and check the tyre pressures and than a run around the local coast but in heavy / slowish traffic. I've not driven a manual car since the last time I drove this but that familiar knob in the palm of your hand :oops: was soooooo reassuring. You really do forget how divorced you are from the driving experience with modern cars and the genuine stares a car a bit out of the norm gets.

All it took was half an hour to remind me why I love this car :thumb:

#hewnfromstone

Lovely car John, well worth the effort.
Mike

Some pictures thanks to Alex from the Manchester meet yesturday.....

OsghNHX.jpg

9wNzJAZ.jpg

71xMSj1.jpg

uRFfsH4.jpg

5bEztVB.jpg

R8W213Q.jpg
[/

:thumb: thanks Alex

Awesome looking 4S :thumb: and it needs some 993 companion :D

tyinsky said:
Looks beautiful. Front plate is bent on the passenger side other than that is looks mint+ :D

Thats aluminium plates for you, they bend to the 993 bumper great but then are easy bent too far due to the amount that underhangs the plinth :pc:

ps I bought it a present yesturday, to be revealed later this week hopefully :bandit:

jonttt said:
ps I bought it a present yesturday, to be revealed later this week hopefully :bandit:

Road Tax for April :dont know:

spongebob squarepants said:
jonttt said:

Some nice clean plain number plates too rather than those horrible things fited! :wink:

C.

Is that the Bull at Mottram St Andrew by any chance?

If so, I spent many an hour of my mis-spent youth there in the early 70s whilst it was still just a pub (before its conversion to a restaurant) and there was a disco in the upstairs bar. :thumb:

cableguy said:
spongebob squarepants said:
jonttt said:

Some nice clean plain number plates too rather than those horrible things fited! :wink:

C.

:hand: I love pressed aluminium plates

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back