Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Unrecorded GR 996 GT3 via Copart; LX53NRN Updated!

iirc as I did see the quote for the repair, it was around £50k+. Clearly if the car is insured then you can take the approach that if a panel has a dinge in it, then you don't want any filler so new panel for example. All of a sudden the repair bill can double.

Porsche start at £5k plus vat just to check whether the chassis is straight. GT3 original parts are not cheap and so on. The issue is that the repairer has to factor into well what if something is bent and what the cost is - which is why a lot of insurers when it gets close and there is still doubt pay out.

Having seen the car post repair, it comes in to spec no issues re geometry.

As to the quality of the repairs you would have to judge for yourself.

I actually feel sorry for the car itself - it should be out on track stretching its legs :grin:

If it had been advertised properly in the first place it would have already been sold at a realistic price.

It would at the right price been a brilliant track slag as they say, but unfortunately now struggling to see how this will sell.

There are lots of gt3 that have had more damage than this sustained that people don't know about. Properly repaired it is fine. Certainly now I think it is almost impossible to have an accident on a track without a photo finding its way onto the internet.

Ken

If you have a minor sandwich on the motorway and damage both bumpers and rather than have them repaired you replace them then what is your car worth? Because that's all we are talking about.

rigsby99 said:
If you have a minor sandwich on the motorway and damage both bumpers and rather than have them repaired you replace them then what is your car worth? Because that's all we are talking about.

We are discussing a deliberate obscufation of facts which have a direct and significant effect on the value. Not motorway sandwiches :) are 996 bumpers 25k each, fitted?

It would seem that it depends on who fits them. But what is the difference, if they both pass inspection, both have non original panels and paint?

its a lot more than bumpers. it was rear 3/4 panel, rear deck and rear wing too. a rear deck is about £5k from Porsche. also suspension and geo work probably plus drop links, wishbones etc.it will all add up to a tidy bill well into double 5 figures to repair.

the rear 3/4 panel on the passenger was damaged and bent so did the repairs include a whole new rear side? if it was filled then not good!

if the car was advertised at 55k with an advisory that its had a decent bump but repaired to industry and good standards then it would be a good car.

the issue the seller has is there are much straighter, non bumped and minty cars out there for similar money at 65k so already onto a loser.

gentle reminder of the gentle bump....

would be interesting to see if it has an original engine deck lid on it and spoiler if the 996 numbers are on there. if the repairs were done with fibreglass copies then that is not going to help the quality and value.

Attachments

• gt3_fr_199.jpg
    gt3_fr_199.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 5,326
  • gt3_1_152.jpg
    gt3_1_152.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 5,326
Let's get two things clear...

Dealers trying to obsfucate the history of the car is wrong on so many levels it is not worth even discussing it further.

However, the arm chair experts claiming the car is worth two bob and a packet of crisps because of a relatively minor shunt is also wrong.

Yes, I did look at it and yes, my conservative estimate was £20k and that included a proviso for potential jig work for the rear right chassis leg. Luckily, stripping a 911 off its engine and transaxle is a quick process.

This whole sorry saga reminds me of my mate who was selling his 997.2 Cup car, and which was run by Schutz Motorsport and was the fastest 997.2 Cup in Germany at the time in terms of Class wins. The first question the Germans were asking were about engine/box hours and rebuilds schedules. The first question the prospective British buyers were asking was - Has it been crashed?! Well, it's a front running GT3, you take a guess...

I never did get a reply to my low ball 45k offer

996ttalot said:
I actually feel sorry for the car itself - it should be out on track stretching its legs :grin:

Cheburator said:
Let's get two things clear...

Dealers trying to obsfucate the history of the car is wrong on so many levels it is not worth even discussing it further.

However, the arm chair experts claiming the car is worth two bob and a packet of crisps because of a relatively minor shunt is also wrong.

Agree with both of the above. Would be a great track car and I think it could/should sell. It just needs to be advertised correctly and at a fair price.

Agree....45k is fair. I would enjoy it for a few years and flog on for roughly the same ! unless i crash it

Still no reply to my offer, I will up it to 46k and wait

Advert has added text re damage/repairs and new price

"The car did sustain damage on track in 2016. This was to the rear left quarter and front bumper. Both bumpers were replaced with new items, the rear left wing was repaired, as was the rear left suspension, and the alignment checked. We are confident that the car has been properly repaired, and it is HPI clear. We are happy for it to be independently inspected if you have any concerns. Because of this history, we are pricing the Porsche lower than other similar 996 GT3 Clubsports."

£56,995

porkyb1 said:
Advert has added text re damage/repairs and new price

"The car did sustain damage on track in 2016. This was to the rear left quarter and front bumper. Both bumpers were replaced with new items, the rear left wing was repaired, as was the rear left suspension, and the alignment checked. We are confident that the car has been properly repaired, and it is HPI clear. We are happy for it to be independently inspected if you have any concerns. Because of this history, we are pricing the Porsche lower than other similar 996 GT3 Clubsports."

£56,995

I think it will sell no problem at that price, and at last someone has been honest about the damage

''Twas my email to them I reckon.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back