Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First view and first drive

AGDelaney

Went to PC Edinburgh this morning to see their showroom 992. Just arrived and, even though it is yellow (just not my personal taste), it did look good. Got to see my specced RS Spyder wheels (superb) and other options.

Then a bonus. Got to go for a test drive in their first demonstrator. Accompanied at first then on my own. Only second person to do so (first person just before me). In white with the same wheels. My immediate thoughts below:

- I like the interior (but then I like techy). Beautifully put together and the digital dials and screen work well
- the effortless power is superb, and when you floor it it takes off amazingly quickly
- the ride is superb. Beautifully judged.
- the breadth of this car is superb. It can cruise and it can go like hell. Just what I need for a daily driver
- the steering is amazing. Wonderfully precise and good feel.

I have a 718 Boxster just now so comments above in light of that.

My delivery date was originally 5 April but the dealer tracker shows it having gone into production 3 days earlier, but coming out 3 weeks late? He has asked the question, but might be issues with paint (I specced Aventurine) but seems a little odd. So now sitting at 26 April.

Dealership had a number of 992s in. One for the manager and another demonstrator in black.

I had a look round my OPC's 992's last week....they were waiting for PDI as there launch event is this week. I think it's a great look car inside and out, the rear is much better looking in the metal than the leaked photos (smaller). Because the car hadn't been PDI'd could only rev to 2k rpm....it was pretty quiet I thought.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back