Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 0
991 : 2011- 28
997 : 2004- 63
996 : 1997-2005 31
993 : 1993-1998 3
964 : 1989-1993 0
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 1
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 3
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 2
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 30
Cayman : 2005- 23
Cayenne : 2003- 6
Macan : 2014- 7
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 0
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
sideways
Monza


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 203
Location: Surrey


PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So mine is sitting at Emden waiting to leave on a ship.
So close....!!
_________________
992 C4S
991.2 Carrera "My first 911" edition
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
6appeal
Hockenheim


Joined: 02 Jan 2016
Posts: 664



PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job it’s not on the boat that sank last week with 37 Porsche vehicles on!!
_________________
Present:
- 992 Carrera S
- Yamaha MT01; CCM Cafe Racer
- VW T2 Bay Window 1976
Past:
- 991.2 Carrera, 640d GC, 635d, RS6, Audi TT 225, Astra with wind up windows, Citroen ZX, Rover 213, yes behold, a Rover 213... Renault 5
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
sideways
Monza


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 203
Location: Surrey


PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6appeal wrote:
Good job it’s not on the boat that sank last week with 37 Porsche vehicles on!!

Wow. Do not want to hear that!
_________________
992 C4S
991.2 Carrera "My first 911" edition
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
6appeal
Hockenheim


Joined: 02 Jan 2016
Posts: 664



PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

😂🤣

Mine is in build Friday... tick tock.
_________________
Present:
- 992 Carrera S
- Yamaha MT01; CCM Cafe Racer
- VW T2 Bay Window 1976
Past:
- 991.2 Carrera, 640d GC, 635d, RS6, Audi TT 225, Astra with wind up windows, Citroen ZX, Rover 213, yes behold, a Rover 213... Renault 5
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Leondrums
Newbie


Joined: 19 Mar 2019
Posts: 28



PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is on a ship too due on-site Tues/Wed but I'm told that Porsche won't release the cars without a Software Patch applied and that many have the wrong tires on (Bridgestones instead of Michelins). I'm told that these need to be swopped over to adhere to UK regs.

The dealer advised no 992's in the country can currently be PDI'd including their own and there may be a 3/4 week delay...

Has anyone else heard similar?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
6appeal
Hockenheim


Joined: 02 Jan 2016
Posts: 664



PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intriguing! Not heard anything myself. The 992 I sat in last week had Goodyear tyres on. Mine started build today and is due to ship 5th April, so I’m guessing Easter collection.
_________________
Present:
- 992 Carrera S
- Yamaha MT01; CCM Cafe Racer
- VW T2 Bay Window 1976
Past:
- 991.2 Carrera, 640d GC, 635d, RS6, Audi TT 225, Astra with wind up windows, Citroen ZX, Rover 213, yes behold, a Rover 213... Renault 5
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
sideways
Monza


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 203
Location: Surrey


PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leondrums wrote:
Mine is on a ship too due on-site Tues/Wed but I'm told that Porsche won't release the cars without a Software Patch applied and that many have the wrong tires on (Bridgestones instead of Michelins). I'm told that these need to be swopped over to adhere to UK regs.

The dealer advised no 992's in the country can currently be PDI'd including their own and there may be a 3/4 week delay...

Has anyone else heard similar?

Well that would be annoying.
The tyres seems a fairly simple fix if that is true. I cannot believe they want thousands of pounds worth of 911's sitting around for a software update and alternate tyres. Given Porsche's last quarter and I assume poor 2019 1st quarter results they really wont want this delay.
Have chased my dealer for an update.
_________________
992 C4S
991.2 Carrera "My first 911" edition
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Leondrums
Newbie


Joined: 19 Mar 2019
Posts: 28



PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just had a call from another dealer further afield who advised the Software issues have all now been resolved. I've not heard this from my dealer as yet though.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
sideways
Monza


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 203
Location: Surrey


PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is still at Emden, hopeful for a ship this weekend.
They are expecting delivery ready for me by 1 April earliest but possibly as late as about 5th April. No mention of software or tyres issues.
Breathe not being held Very Happy
_________________
992 C4S
991.2 Carrera "My first 911" edition
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
huwcymro
Newbie


Joined: 04 Mar 2014
Posts: 40



PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sideways wrote:
Mine is still at Emden, hopeful for a ship this weekend.
They are expecting delivery ready for me by 1 April earliest but possibly as late as about 5th April. No mention of software or tyres issues.
Breathe not being held Very Happy


As a matter of interest, when did you place your order. How exciting
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
sideways
Monza


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 203
Location: Surrey


PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I placed a deposit early September and then firmed it up the 30th November when the configurator went live.
_________________
992 C4S
991.2 Carrera "My first 911" edition
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
sideways
Monza


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 203
Location: Surrey


PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m like a small child on Christmas Eve 😂. VERY excited!
_________________
992 C4S
991.2 Carrera "My first 911" edition
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
6appeal
Hockenheim


Joined: 02 Jan 2016
Posts: 664



PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I placed a speculative deposit in November ahead of launch, with thoughts of getting a base carrera about July-september time...

... temptation got the better of me when dealer phoned me in January and said i could have a 992 Carrera S for a good deal and have it in April.

that configurator is like a damn sweet shop!

Can't wait now, only 2 or 3 weeks away...
_________________
Present:
- 992 Carrera S
- Yamaha MT01; CCM Cafe Racer
- VW T2 Bay Window 1976
Past:
- 991.2 Carrera, 640d GC, 635d, RS6, Audi TT 225, Astra with wind up windows, Citroen ZX, Rover 213, yes behold, a Rover 213... Renault 5
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
huwcymro
Newbie


Joined: 04 Mar 2014
Posts: 40



PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sideways wrote:
I placed a deposit early September and then firmed it up the 30th November when the configurator went live.


Thanks, my deposit was placed 5th September, no confirmation of delivery yet.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
PerrinAybara
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jan 2019
Posts: 35



PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6appeal wrote:
I placed a speculative deposit in November ahead of launch, with thoughts of getting a base carrera about July-september time...

... temptation got the better of me when dealer phoned me in January and said i could have a 992 Carrera S for a good deal and have it in April.

that configurator is like a damn sweet shop!

Can't wait now, only 2 or 3 weeks away...
I always thought that OPC never gave discounts on new cars?

Is this one of my naive moments?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
sideways
Monza


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 203
Location: Surrey


PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless something annoying happens I am picking up on Friday... Drive
_________________
992 C4S
991.2 Carrera "My first 911" edition
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
FZP
Reims


Joined: 18 Jan 2015
Posts: 4082
Location: Cheshire


PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first saw the pics, I thought, nope, no good. Proportions are all wrong, Porsche have finally stuffed it up big time. Then on Sat I went to see one in Crayon and I couldn't have been more wrong. The pics don't do it justice. I think it's a lovely car and definitely would consider one. I look forward to your impressions when you get it.
Congrats on the new car, how exciting to get the new model of a new car Thumb
_________________
997.2 Carrera 2S GT Silver/Cocoa.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
spongebob squarepants
Long Beach


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 6750
Location: Manchester and Iraq


PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FZP wrote:
When I first saw the pics, I thought, nope, no good. Proportions are all wrong, Porsche have finally stuffed it up big time. Then on Sat I went to see one in Crayon and I couldn't have been more wrong. The pics don't do it justice. I think it's a lovely car and definitely would consider one. I look forward to your impressions when you get it.
Congrats on the new car, how exciting to get the new model of a new car Thumb


This is one that Porsche have got SO right. It’s going to be a massive seller. Hopefully it won’t affect 991 prices too much Sad
_________________
991 C2S PDK - X51 430 Powerkit, Dynamic engine mounts, Carbon GT2 folding buckets, PCCB, PDCC, PSE, Carrera S alloys, Sports design bodykit with ducktail and Alcantara steering wheel. If Carling did a 991S...
“Herman yellow, the last of the naturally aspirated”

 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
P992GAM
Newbie


Joined: 03 Dec 2018
Posts: 19



PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sideways wrote:
Unless something annoying happens I am picking up on Friday... Drive


Wow that’s excellent news! I remember our build dates were the same but I’m being told mid April for mine lol
Don’t forget pictures and full first impressions
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
FZP
Reims


Joined: 18 Jan 2015
Posts: 4082
Location: Cheshire


PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spongebob squarepants wrote:
FZP wrote:
When I first saw the pics, I thought, nope, no good. Proportions are all wrong, Porsche have finally stuffed it up big time. Then on Sat I went to see one in Crayon and I couldn't have been more wrong. The pics don't do it justice. I think it's a lovely car and definitely would consider one. I look forward to your impressions when you get it.
Congrats on the new car, how exciting to get the new model of a new car Thumb


This is one that Porsche have got SO right. It’s going to be a massive seller. Hopefully it won’t affect 991 prices too much Sad

There will be a flood of 991's onto the market in the next 12 months, making them cheaper than 997s. The market is going to tank for the 991, especially mispainted racing yellow cars Grin
_________________
997.2 Carrera 2S GT Silver/Cocoa.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum