Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Unrecorded GR 996 GT3 via Copart; LX53NRN Updated!

LaSource said:
A lot of obsession with this car.

Pictures look worse than the actual car/damage but make a more sensationalist story.

The PU units were removed for inspection as were the lights. In the above pics the wheels of course are also removed.

Actual damage was just left front wing (superficial) and left rear. Zero damage at dead on front, back, sides, or any other panel. The right rear corner (exposed in the pics) and exhaust bits and valance area are completely untouched / undamaged but with the panels off deceptively look like part of the damage. The bonnet is not shut properly in the pics and was undamaged.

Yes it will be a repaired car but the actual impact was probably not the worst out there (sideways impact and not head on).

I'm not connected to the repair or sale of the car - but was in it when it happened :)

FZP said:
rigsby99 said:
FZP said:
This is quite an emotive topic that could be resolved simply by the dealer representing the car correctly. Disclosing that it has had an issue, obtaining pics of the damage, Bill if materials and invoice of repairing shop as part of the sales documentation and pricing the car correctly, rather than trying to flog it off as pristine is dishonest

The car is not being dishonestly presented. There is a difference between false advertising and omission, try asking the seller if the car has history then judge them. As for bills and pics if the damage was superficial then they probably don't exist. I would suggest that a lot of cars of this type have had a few repairs in their time the difference here is that the accident was witnessed and consequently we have a witch hunt. Take the bumpers and wing off and if you have a sound undamaged shell what is the problem, if it was significantly damaged then it would be recorded as such.
I'll put it to you another way, if purchased a house in which you later found out had been the house in which 5 members of one family had been murders by their son, was no disclosed to you, would you accept it as an omission by the real estate agent, or misrepresented.
Now you may find that an extreme example, but it's a true story and aligns with the above car. It changed real estate laws and closed the loop hole that this car has slipped through.

I don't think anyone was murdered in this car !!!!. You may have trouble finding a 19 yr old GT3 without a history of some sort, as always you buy on condition and inspection.

you have 2 issue, the actual value of the car with it's accident history, which is not what traders have had it up for

and certain dishonest traders trying to pass the car off as genuine knowing it's been in a crash but using the loophole that it's not 'officially' recorded, to sell it on

if it wasn't for the information on this site, this car would have been sold on many times already to unsuspecting buyers

:agree:

Some people protest too much, it's the way the market works. History is known and should therefore be disclosed and true market price be asked. To knowing do otherwise in the hope someone will pay more than market value is just dishonest in my book end of

I can understand someone has issue with the way the market works but that will never change..

911UK said:
you have 2 issue, the actual value of the car with it's accident history, which is not what traders have had it up for

and certain dishonest traders trying to pass the car off as genuine knowing it's been in a crash but using the loophole that it's not 'officially' recorded, to sell it on

if it wasn't for the information on this site, this car would have been sold on many times already to unsuspecting buyers

Of course it's genuine it's a Porsche, so it's had a couple of bumpers, well big deal, I'll bet that most of them out there have. Dishonest traders 'sorry sir i have to report that this car has new bumpers and a bit of filler' and that knocks 20K of the price. Get real. You can easily assess the car from the pics on p3 and from the report from La Source.

So you think it's worth full market value and the history won't affect your ability to resell it at market value :dont know:

So after 11 pages we can conclude -

A) It isn't one for the collectors at any price.
B) It isn't one for anyone at full market price.
C) It maybe one for the 'drivers" at below market price.
D) Most Salesmen are sneaks who value making a quick buck over almost anything.

So pretty much the same as every other 'Previously damaged Pork" thread then.
Who knew.... :dont know:

Cunno said:
I've seen the screen shot above, that says the car has been subject to a salvage auction , but what does that mean? Does this car have a CAT status? Asking because AT have the car showing as clear on their site? And still advertised by present seller.

Anyone know the answer to my question?

These days a lot of perfectly good cars end up in salvage auctions because the insurers elect not to repair them due cost.

This car does not have a cat status.

It would have been very good value at auction and if inspection shows no fault then it is as good as any other GT3 out there.
A drivers car, well my experience, Oulton Park 8th Mar, would suggest that as soon as it rains they all get hidden away!!

If it has no CAT status then it's probably no different to 50% of the cars on the market except that the forum jungle drums know about it's history. Sort of explains why when it rained at Oulton people put there toys away, as accident how ever small would be all over the forums and the car would become worthless.

Do agree that the original seller at 74k was taking piss and if car was priced and advertised correctly would of probably been sold by now and would of been at Oulton having some fun.

Saying cars worth 20k less even though it has no cat status is incorrect IMO, how many of us truly know our own cars history if bought used?

Cunno said:
Cunno said:
I've seen the screen shot above, that says the car has been subject to a salvage auction , but what does that mean? Does this car have a CAT status? Asking because AT have the car showing as clear on their site? And still advertised by present seller.

It means nothing Jon. Apart from the fact it's been through a salvage auction, that in itself is not a 'status' of any sort.

The only way a car gets any sort of status is if the ins co tells the Dvla. Without wishing to be cynical you could think that the ins co gets more for the salvage without any status so what's their motivation for telling the DVLA...obviously it's a selling plus point for the salvage auction as they go to the effort of informing perspective buyers that cars are unrecorded with DVLA. You could argue they are being totally factual,which they are, but they are also pointing out an opportunity for perspective buyers to fix and put back on the road with zero disclosure.

You can think what you like about that. I think it's a bit bent.

Cunno said:
If it has no CAT status then it's probably no different to 50% of the cars on the market except that the forum jungle drums know about it's history. Sort of explains why when it rained at Oulton people put there toys away, as accident how ever small would be all over the forums and the car would become worthless.

Do agree that the original seller at 74k was taking piss and if car was priced and advertised correctly would of probably been sold by now and would of been at Oulton having some fun.

Saying cars worth 20k less even though it has no cat status is incorrect IMO, how many of us truly know our own cars history if bought used?

Agreed, at least you know it has new bumpers!

Senoj said:
Cunno said:
Cunno said:

It means nothing Jon. Apart from the fact it's been through a salvage auction, that in itself is not a 'status' of any sort.

The only way a car gets any sort of status is if the ins co tells the Dvla. Without wishing to be cynical you could think that the ins co gets more for the salvage without any status so what's their motivation for telling the DVLA...obviously it's a selling plus point for the salvage auction as they go to the effort of informing perspective buyers that cars are unrecorded with DVLA. You could argue they are being totally factual,which they are, but they are also pointing out an opportunity for perspective buyers to fix and put back on the road with zero disclosure.

You can think what you like about that. I think it's a bit bent.

Insurers have to inform DVLA of Cat A,B,S

The only fact here is that someone tried to play the system with the wrong type of car, ie don't pick a rare enthusiast car and expect to get away with no history. That's why it's doing the rounds until the price reflects the known history or someone pays without knowing it's history and how it will effect resale it's obvious which the target audience is

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back