Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Unrecorded GR 996 GT3 via Copart; LX53NRN Updated!

Well if it's easy to establish it's history, beyond 'it had a crash' then why not enlighten us and explain why it should be discounted

The fact of the matter is that if people know for sure a car has been written off, been through a salvage auction then people value the car less.

The car is no different to the next GT3 that the owner just ponied up for a new bumper on and not told anyone, as you wouldn't.

But that doesn't matter. There is documentary evidence this car has had some damage, however minor. This means its worth less.

This is why Cat D cars can be an incredible bargain.

Even worse for this car is nobody likes a shady history, or something being covered up. Its not the car's fault but it puts people off, and this is claimed to be a perfect car when its plastered all over the internet with some damage, makes people run away.

Putting the registration into vcheck.uk shows the car was subject to a salvage auction and this info is available to anyone.

Attachments

• screenshot_20190323_211109_148.png
    screenshot_20190323_211109_148.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 1,244
First of all wasz I strongly object to your implying that I would defraud a potential buyer.
No one has established the record of this car, the fact that it was sold at salvage auction means nothing, as far as I know the car has not been categorised, no one has attempted to conceal it's identity. It's worth what someone will pay for it and it is up to them to ask the right questions and inspect it.

rigsby99 said:
Well if it's easy to establish it's history, beyond 'it had a crash' then why not enlighten us and explain why it should be discounted

Not sure -20k is enough, it's not actually. It should be way cheaper fo all the reasons that are obvious to everybody. Do I need to explain it? You saw the pictures, you read the threads. Even if they are all totally fact less it doesn't actually matter anymore for as good (or not) as the car may be it does not command that asking price because of that existential negative 'provenance" In that regard it's tainted for years to come. The individual who bought it at the salvage auction got burned, paid too much or spent too much who knows but either way they fkd up. And now everyone and their mum is trying to get their dough back, unsuccessfully. Even the dealer has now withdrawn the ad from their site. There's at least another 10k's worth of price erosion been caused by this latest attempt to sell it, just gets worse and worse and it's either incredibly disingenuous or naive of the seller, can't work out which it is..

I've seen the screen shot above, that says the car has been subject to a salvage auction , but what does that mean? Does this car have a CAT status? Asking because AT have the car showing as clear on their site? And still advertised by present seller.

This is quite an emotive topic that could be resolved simply by the dealer representing the car correctly. Disclosing that it has had an issue, obtaining pics of the damage, Bill if materials and invoice of repairing shop as part of the sales documentation and pricing the car correctly, rather than trying to flog it off as pristine is dishonest

Cunno said:
I've seen the screen shot above, that says the car has been subject to a salvage auction , but what does that mean? Does this car have a CAT status? Asking because AT have the car showing as clear on their site? And still advertised by present seller.

It's still on PH, yes

However it's been removed from his own website and Facebook feeds....

FZP said:
This is quite an emotive topic that could be resolved simply by the dealer representing the car correctly. Disclosing that it has had an issue, obtaining pics of the damage, Bill if materials and invoice of repairing shop as part of the sales documentation and pricing the car correctly, rather than trying to flog it off as pristine is dishonest

The car is not being dishonestly presented. There is a difference between false advertising and omission, try asking the seller if the car has history then judge them. As for bills and pics if the damage was superficial then they probably don't exist. I would suggest that a lot of cars of this type have had a few repairs in their time the difference here is that the accident was witnessed and consequently we have a witch hunt. Take the bumpers and wing off and if you have a sound undamaged shell what is the problem, if it was significantly damaged then it would be recorded as such.

So what is it worth......£45k ?

The pics show only superficial damage, only the rear NS quarter needs the body shop, all wheels are attached shut lines look fine. There will be many cars on the road and for sale with a more chequered history than this.

rigsby99 said:
FZP said:

The car is not being dishonestly presented. There is a difference between false advertising and omission, try asking the seller if the car has history then judge them. As for bills and pics if the damage was superficial then they probably don't exist. I would suggest that a lot of cars of this type have had a few repairs in their time the difference here is that the accident was witnessed and consequently we have a witch hunt. Take the bumpers and wing off and if you have a sound undamaged shell what is the problem, if it was significantly damaged then it would be recorded as such.
I'll put it to you another way, if purchased a house in which you later found out had been the house in which 5 members of one family had been murders by their son, was no disclosed to you, would you accept it as an omission by the real estate agent, or misrepresented.
Now you may find that an extreme example, but it's a true story and aligns with the above car. It changed real estate laws and closed the loop hole that this car has slipped through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back