Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Unrecorded GR 996 GT3 via Copart; LX53NRN Updated!

There she goes again (Facebook ad this time)

https://www.facebook.com/152220694834378/posts/2232294990160261?sfns=mo

This car is now being touted on FB by PB have to smile at all the comments at how lovely it is. Thought it only right that they be advised of its previous 'Ring Rash' so gave some highlights. As always with Sadbook light the blue touch paper and stand back! I await the hate speech to come flooding in on my comments!

But I can't deny it does look bloody lovely! And would love to own one! Would You guys buy it if price reflected its past? Obviously if repairs done correctly, chassis etc. I owned a repaired beemer years ago, bought it cheaper, when I finally sold it realised a lower price but I was happy with all that at the time.

Anyway today one of my C2's goes to a new owner (a member off here 👍) so that leaves me with the gen 2 and some dosh, should I chop it in for a crash damaged GT3? Mmmmmm? 😂😂😂

Re: There she goes again (Facebook ad this time)

abcarrera said:

This car is now being touted on FB by PB have to smile at all the comments at how lovely it is. Thought it only right that they be advised of its previous 'Ring Rash' so gave some highlights. As always with Sadbook light the blue touch paper and stand back! I await the hate speech to come flooding in on my comments!

But I can't deny it does look bloody lovely! And would love to own one! Would You guys buy it if price reflected its past? Obviously if repairs done correctly, chassis etc. I owned a repaired beemer years ago, bought it cheaper, when I finally sold it realised a lower price but I was happy with all that at the time.

Anyway today one of my C2's goes to a new owner (a member off here 👍) so that leaves me with the gen 2 and some dosh, should I chop it in for a crash damaged GT3? Mmmmmm? 😂😂😂

Yes, Id buy it, even with the history, (as long as the repairs check out) but because of that its well overpriced

Maybe 10k less and it would be a decent buy, but more likely someone who doesnt do their due diligence will pay the full price eventually

I don't understand all this, is this car a dodgy repaired write off? Or did it suffer an accident that didn't impact on the chassis. If the latter then why should it impact on the cars value, where do you draw the line on replacing bumpers or a wing?

To quote Cheburator

'As for the actual damage - I was bidding on this car until it reached £35k. It sold for £39k. Porsche had quoted some crazy number to fix it, hence the Insurance payout. As a matter of fact, the damage could be classified as almost superficial. New bumpers, new lights and a few other things. I came away with £20k repair estimate, Porsche quoted almost three times.'

rigsby99 said:
I don't understand all this, is this car a dodgy repaired write off? Or did it suffer an accident that didn't impact on the chassis. If the latter then why should it impact on the cars value, where do you draw the line on replacing bumpers or a wing?

I don't think people's concern is with the value, more the fact that the cars past has been hidden by people selling the car, it had significant damage and was an Insurance write off, sold at salvage auction and subsequently repaired and back on the market, been touted by numerous garages etc and some of them have been less than transparent about its previous damage.

And just out of interest the FB post by PB advising what a lovely car it is has just now been removed from PB's business FB page? Strange? Why not allay perspective purchasers fears with a statement clarifying its history. Or of course you could just remove post and pretend it didn't happen!
As always buyer beware.

So a bit of bumper rash in the car park knocks how much off the value? I don't think there have been any deliberate attempts at fraud in previous adds, it's history may not have been known. Any used car has to be bought with caution. The description is no doubt accurate in that this is a lovely car, significant past damage, no. The fact that the insurers didn't want to pay for repairs is irrelevant if they were looking at a Porsche estimate. The one person who did see the car in it's damaged state states that it was superficial. Why should replacing the bumpers knock 20k off the value.

rigsby99 said:
So a bit of bumper rash in the car park knocks how much off the value? I don't think there have been any deliberate attempts at fraud in previous adds, it's history may not have been known. Any used car has to be bought with caution. The description is no doubt accurate in that this is a lovely car, significant past damage, no. The fact that the insurers didn't want to pay for repairs is irrelevant if they were looking at a Porsche estimate. The one person who did see the car in it's damaged state states that it was superficial. Why should replacing the bumpers knock 20k off the value.

I guess there a terrific amount of unknowns about this car, it's damage is open to individual interpretation as to what is superficial or not! Suffice to say there are dozens and dozens of comments on here and P/heads about the car, people who actually saw the off! Etc etc. But I for one would rather be told by a garage that the car had suffered damage in the past so I could make my own informed opinion as to how to proceed, I think I am right in saying that a lot of contributors to this post think the way in which the cars previous damage has been actively hidden, avoided, not advised in adverts is the where people have the problem!
Simple addition to adverts that the car had been subject to an Insurance pay out would either stop people in thier tracks or allow them to proceed with caution. If others think that is not needed then fine!

Yeh right all garages are going to advertise previous repairs. Present condition is what matters, you can't make a informed decision on internet rumour, the only credible feed back is that the damage was superficial. Any car of this type and value must be independently inspected, here we have vilification based purely upon the insurers declining to repair not unusual.

Re: There she goes again (Facebook ad this time)

abcarrera said:

Facebook ad has now been removed

rigsby99 said:

He also said it could have had chassis issues at the rear as a result, but didn't know for certain

Are you saying, in all seriousness the car doesnt have significant past damage, when it clearly does?

rigsby99 said:
Yeh right all garages are going to advertise previous repairs. Present condition is what matters, you can't make a informed decision on internet rumour, the only credible feed back is that the damage was superficial. Any car of this type and value must be independently inspected, here we have vilification based purely upon the insurers declining to repair not unusual.

Just to clarify the poster who viewed to buy at Copart actually said
'As a matter of fact, the damage could be classified as almost superficial."

Which now is a little different from a pair of bumpers and lights! He priced up £20k to repair and Porsche 3 times that amount.

It so well known in the fairly niche GT3 world that it stands a fair chance of selling if full transparency about its history is advised and priced in accordance with what the market thinks. I agree most if not all garages won't advise of a car that is not recorded on a register. But that does not make it right.

Anyway I am sure this car will cause plenty more coffee time banter and debate. All good fun :lol:

Well semantics really, doesn't change the fact that the car was not a 'write off' and that no significant damage was reported. If an inspection and alignment check reveals all OK what is the problem. I remember a Merc that was cat C because it had been driven into flood and ingested water, bent a rod and the insurers wrote it off. Rebuilt engine and car was perfect but still 'tainted'.

Problem is that a bit of a witch hunt is generated on these forums in all probability without good cause. Puts the retailers in a difficult position when they know they have a perfectly good car.

rigsby99 said:
Well semantics really, doesn't change the fact that the car was not a 'write off' and that no significant damage was reported. If an inspection and alignment check reveals all OK what is the problem. I remember a Merc that was cat C because it had been driven into flood and ingested water, bent a rod and the insurers wrote it off. Rebuilt engine and car was perfect but still 'tainted'.

Problem is that a bit of a witch hunt is generated on these forums in all probability without good cause. Puts the retailers in a difficult position when they know they have a perfectly good car.

The problem is that the market does not agree with you and hence why the car has consistently been misrepresented to .......mislead the market. Have you actually read the thread :dont know:

I wonder if the 4 year service gap as it was 'in storage" has also been filled in :grin:

Would be a nice car at 50-55k . I'd buy it at that price even knowing everything about its history.. keep it for 10 years and you would still make a tidy profit when you come to sell.

Another way to look at it would be if you has not done your homework then paid top dollar for it (never raced or rallied or bumped) the only to find out a few months later some **** of a dealer had misrepresented the car

You would be livid.

I am surprised some sketchy dealer has not put a private plate on it as the lx53 plate is well know plus there are not too many club sports around let alone red ones!!

rigsby99 said:

If you're so confident it's a good un and worth the money then why not buy it?

There is plenty of good cause here. Car is trying to be sold at top money when it has history which is not being disclosed, ignored and hidden even. Pretty simple to understand why people think that's not great.

Retailers in difficult position, that's hilarious 😂

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back