Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 C4S Now delivered !

Intriguing! Not heard anything myself. The 992 I sat in last week had Goodyear tyres on. Mine started build today and is due to ship 5th April, so I'm guessing Easter collection.

Leondrums said:
Mine is on a ship too due on-site Tues/Wed but I'm told that Porsche won't release the cars without a Software Patch applied and that many have the wrong tires on (Bridgestones instead of Michelins). I'm told that these need to be swopped over to adhere to UK regs.

The dealer advised no 992's in the country can currently be PDI'd including their own and there may be a 3/4 week delay...

Has anyone else heard similar?
Well that would be annoying.
The tyres seems a fairly simple fix if that is true. I cannot believe they want thousands of pounds worth of 911's sitting around for a software update and alternate tyres. Given Porsche's last quarter and I assume poor 2019 1st quarter results they really wont want this delay.
Have chased my dealer for an update.

I've just had a call from another dealer further afield who advised the Software issues have all now been resolved. I've not heard this from my dealer as yet though.

Mine is still at Emden, hopeful for a ship this weekend.
They are expecting delivery ready for me by 1 April earliest but possibly as late as about 5th April. No mention of software or tyres issues.
Breathe not being held :D

sideways said:
Mine is still at Emden, hopeful for a ship this weekend.
They are expecting delivery ready for me by 1 April earliest but possibly as late as about 5th April. No mention of software or tyres issues.
Breathe not being held :D

As a matter of interest, when did you place your order. How exciting

I placed a deposit early September and then firmed it up the 30th November when the configurator went live.

I'm like a small child on Christmas Eve 😂. VERY excited!

I placed a speculative deposit in November ahead of launch, with thoughts of getting a base carrera about July-september time...

... temptation got the better of me when dealer phoned me in January and said i could have a 992 Carrera S for a good deal and have it in April.

that configurator is like a damn sweet shop!

Can't wait now, only 2 or 3 weeks away...

sideways said:
I placed a deposit early September and then firmed it up the 30th November when the configurator went live.

Thanks, my deposit was placed 5th September, no confirmation of delivery yet.

6appeal said:
I placed a speculative deposit in November ahead of launch, with thoughts of getting a base carrera about July-september time...

... temptation got the better of me when dealer phoned me in January and said i could have a 992 Carrera S for a good deal and have it in April.

that configurator is like a damn sweet shop!

Can't wait now, only 2 or 3 weeks away...
I always thought that OPC never gave discounts on new cars?

Is this one of my naive moments?

Unless something annoying happens I am picking up on Friday... :drive:

When I first saw the pics, I thought, nope, no good. Proportions are all wrong, Porsche have finally stuffed it up big time. Then on Sat I went to see one in Crayon and I couldn't have been more wrong. The pics don't do it justice. I think it's a lovely car and definitely would consider one. I look forward to your impressions when you get it.
Congrats on the new car, how exciting to get the new model of a new car :thumb:

FZP said:
When I first saw the pics, I thought, nope, no good. Proportions are all wrong, Porsche have finally stuffed it up big time. Then on Sat I went to see one in Crayon and I couldn't have been more wrong. The pics don't do it justice. I think it's a lovely car and definitely would consider one. I look forward to your impressions when you get it.

This is one that Porsche have got SO right. It's going to be a massive seller. Hopefully it won't affect 991 prices too much :sad:

sideways said:
Unless something annoying happens I am picking up on Friday... :drive:

Wow that's excellent news! I remember our build dates were the same but I'm being told mid April for mine lol
Don't forget pictures and full first impressions

spongebob squarepants said:
FZP said:

This is one that Porsche have got SO right. It's going to be a massive seller. Hopefully it won't affect 991 prices too much :sad:
There will be a flood of 991's onto the market in the next 12 months, making them cheaper than 997s. The market is going to tank for the 991, especially mispainted racing yellow cars :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back