Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Washer jet fountain on a 996.1...

giraffeinbath

Silverstone
A common problem I gather, but the tip of one of the headlight jets on my 996 has popped out resulting in a vertical fountain of washer fluid if you hit the stalk accidentally. The complete replacement units are £100+ even second hand which is a silly amount of money for the sake of a missing 5 penny peice sized bit of plastic.

I read somewhere that you can source literally just the (missing) washer jet tip which is the same as the tip used in the Porsche unit, so providing a 20 quid fix which is a lot more reasonable. As I recall this may well have been a BMW part?

I can't find the reference to the original post which actually provided the (BMW?) part number, it may have been on here or maybe elsewhere, does this ring a bell with anyone?

My wife's old Octavia had headlight washers with a separate high pressure pump. Operated every 5th or 6th time the windscreen washers used. I just pulled the fuse as it had a separate one.
Ian

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back