Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 4S Interior Project Thread

Harvster

Silverstone
So since my purchase at the back end of last Autumn I have done a bit of tinkering with the exterior (bumper re-sprayed, original splitter fitted, alloys refurbished, detailed paintwork) so my next job was to start on the interior.

When I bought it the car had a very noticeable mark on the centre console where it appeared to have been burnt or had a reaction from an air freshener or something. This was about 3 inches x 2 inches so something needed doing. I explored the idea of having the console painted like some have done but it wasn't really for me, then I had the idea of carbon.

I then researched 3 methods and went to see some fellow members to see their results. I researched a)carbon hydro dipping, b)carbon vinyl transfer and c)carbon skinning. Although the latter was by far the most expensive it clearly gave the best result as it technically is the real thing. So I made my decision and sent it off. Whilst I was having it done I thought I may as well have the radio surround done and the batwing behind the gear stick.

A few other changes included changing the cd storage for the shelf, a new cigarette lighter and changed the ashtray in the centre console for a tray.

Overall I am very happy with the finish :D

Attachments

• img_0538__2_985.jpg
    img_0538__2_985.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,667
  • img_0539__2_154.jpg
    img_0539__2_154.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,667
  • img_0536__2_313.jpg
    img_0536__2_313.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,667
  • img_1828_139.jpg
    img_1828_139.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 1,667
  • img_0535_872.jpg
    img_0535_872.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 1,667
That looks very good, no wonder you're pleased with the result. Which company did you use?

Not a massive fan of carbon but have to say m8, that looks a great result. No wonder you are chuffed... :thumb: :thumb:

Osh

Thank you everyone. 'pzero', I used a company up in the north east which were highly recommended, the chap that runs the company just works for himself I believe but he a massive attention to detail.

If anybody wants his details, pm me.

Harvster said:
Thank you everyone. 'pzero', I used a company up in the north east which were highly recommended, the chap that runs the company just works for himself I believe but he a massive attention to detail.

If anybody wants his details, pm me.

Thanks. :thumbs:

That looks lovely - great job :thumb:

Mine came with the carbon pack in the same areas you've just done. I think it makes a big difference to the interior. Ive also got the door trip strips in carbon too, which look great.

Think I saw these pics on InstaBook :dont know:

But had 5 pints since then :floor:

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back