Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 C4S Now delivered !

Yup I've heard the same, dealer launch pushed back to end March. I'm guessing deliveries have been pushed back too? Mine still advising mid April. Sideways are you still on for March or has yours been pushed back ? I think I read you are meant to be one of the first to receive the new 992?

sideways said:
Has anyone heard anything from their dealer after the training? Curious if any news on deliveries or when demo cars will start appearing in the OPC's.
I'm trying to be patient....
I've been talking to a guy at Porsche East London about a Cayenne (which I'll now not be buying, at least in the short term, based upon what they're offering on PCH terms as the repurchase value :frustrated: )

Anyway, he said yesterday that he's off from today for 10 days for 992 training.

Not sure if they're all trained at the same time or if it's staggered?

P992GAM said:
Yup I've heard the same, dealer launch pushed back to end March. I'm guessing deliveries have been pushed back too? Mine still advising mid April. Sideways are you still on for March or has yours been pushed back ? I think I read you are meant to be one of the first to receive the new 992?
My dealer has been quiet. I understand the sales guy was there last week, but no contact from him yet....
I was told I'm the first in line at Guildford and his last call said build by 14th March, so I would expect delivery end March ( But i may need to put in a back stop to cover it. :D )

I put a deposit down early September. I guess it depends if a 4S comes off the line before a 2S.
I'm kinda ok with April, but as i'm trading in end February on the current 911 I want a fairly definite idea of delivery before then.

When's your lock-down date? Mine is 22nd Feb.

Still can't decide which badge. Lol. I'm thinking the simple '911".

When's your expected delivery 6appeal?
I know there is a dealer lockdown and then there is a Porsche factory lockdown and it's usually 2 to 4 weeks between them!

I was going to go for just the 911 badge but in the end went for the standard 911 Carrera S badge

Lock down is technically 13 Feb.
I am not going change anything... i mean it this time... :pc:

Mines lockdown 22nd Feb, build mid March, delivery mid April.... hopefully put 20,000 miles on it by Christmas :mrgreen:

sideways said:
.......... I guess it depends if a 4S comes off the line before a 2S.

None of the cars made in Stuttgart are produced in batches.

Every car is assembled individually. I've witnessed a production line where a Carrera, a Boxster, a 911R and then a Cayman were being assembled one after the other.

T8 said:
None of the cars made in Stuttgart are produced in batches.

Every car is assembled individually. I've witnessed a production line where a Carrera, a Boxster, a 911R and then a Cayman were being assembled one after the other.

Cheers for that I didn't realise. Cue a youtube lost afternoon looking at Porsche assembly vids!

My lock down date is the 15th so same as Sideways and it's only a week difference between yourself 6appeal, guess we should be looking at early April then hopefully...just over 2 months to go!

And yes need stay away from the configurator so not to make any further changes :hand:

So mine is sitting at Emden waiting to leave on a ship.
So close....!!

Good job it's not on the boat that sank last week with 37 Porsche vehicles on!!

6appeal said:
Good job it's not on the boat that sank last week with 37 Porsche vehicles on!!
Wow. Do not want to hear that!

😂🤣

Mine is in build Friday... tick tock.

Mine is on a ship too due on-site Tues/Wed but I'm told that Porsche won't release the cars without a Software Patch applied and that many have the wrong tires on (Bridgestones instead of Michelins). I'm told that these need to be swopped over to adhere to UK regs.

The dealer advised no 992's in the country can currently be PDI'd including their own and there may be a 3/4 week delay...

Has anyone else heard similar?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back