Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear wiper return, doesn't quite make it

Beej160

Hi all

I noticed that whenever the rear wiper wipes, it doesn't quite make it back to the original starting point but reaches about 9/10ths of the way. I can manually pull the wiper back to original position so doesn't appear to be sticking anywhere.

Wandering if this a common issue others have noticed?

Common .. yes and on all models of Porsche with a rear blade .. its a combination of a bit of wear and drag on the blade ..

You could replace the motor .. i doubt it will be a hell of a lot different and will be expensive .

Thanks deMort

9/10ths is good enough in that case!

Lose the rear wiper! Looks rubbish and isn't needed. I've been driving in torrential rain plenty of times in mine.... back window remains bone dry.

Actually Marty, I tend to agree with you.
I want to drive it in the rain first to see how much water does stay on the rear screen and if very little, I'll delete.

Thanks.

It's not when driving on the rain you need it!
Even with a clean and rain-xed (invested that word but you know what I mean) rear screen when parked up in the rain it's vital if you need to reverse safely.

Looks are of course subjective, but usefulness isn't imo.

I have had the glass all rainx'd and it does bead beautifully but I take your point re:reversing, especially as I don't have parking sensors on my car.

jonno_ said:
It's not when driving on the rain you need it!
Even with a clean and rain-xed (invested that word but you know what I mean) rear screen when parked up in the rain it's vital if you need to reverse safely.

Looks are of course subjective, but usefulness isn't imo.
I have a VW T5 with no back windows and I haven't bumped into anything yet when reversing by using my door mirrors.

Admittedly I do have sensors, I did think when I came from my R32 I'd miss the rear wiper.... not for one second. Car looks so much better without, when driving in the rain it quite literally doesn't get wet. As for parking....?

How often you parallel parking it?!

Kas, Marty

I feel I'm a good enough driver to use mirrors and rear screen (even when wet) so it's not a big deal to suggest I'm losing too much practicality if I delete.

Just in case I decide to, there is such a thing as a plug/bung to put over the hole left when the wiper is removed?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back