Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jackpoint jackstands (991)

Disco said:
New997buyer said:
I'm guessing that doesn't include the special jack? I've just bought a new jack and I'm afraid £330 for two stands is too rich for me.

Pretty much anything will do, but you need to factor in the height of the jack pad so something low profile is going to be order of the day for a 911. I use a Clarke one that I picked up as an ex-demo for very sensible money (though even new they are fairly reasonable). If your jack isn't low enough then you will have to jack up the first wheel and put a lump of 2x4 under it to create the clearance needed for the jack pad.

:thumbs:

Boom beauty's arrived today

I bought 4 of them with the low profile pads last month, with the import duty it came to a total of £820.43!

So £210 per corner but worth every penny, my 911 can be off the floor and securely supported in less than 5 minutes.

Cannop said:
I bought 4 of them with the low profile pads last month, with the import duty it came to a total of £820.43!

So £210 per corner but worth every penny, my 911 can be off the floor and securely supported in less than 5 minutes.

Yep mad price but seem the best solution, completely forgot to send my pads to Alex, so it's going to be a Heath Robinson bodge job by my good self to turn them into the low profile ones :grin:

Jack stands - sort of.

This YouTube video came from the PCGB site today - who said PCGB was a waste of time? - and appears to be a much, much cheaper version of the jackstands/jackpoint idea.

Appears to work but I'm not sure about using a screwdriver to operate the jack!

Presumably with slight adaptation the space for the jack would accommodate a trolley jack pad for a quicker lift?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2DqnL3A1g

This video also appeared on one of the follow-up replies. My only concern here is that the 'mechanic' is wearing nail varnish...

https://safejacks.com/products/the-rennstand-by-safe-jack-single-unit

Hope both links work and apologies if already on this site.

Love it - proper redneck style! If it works, it works!

And judging by the "frequently bought together" bit on Amazon, it's a pretty popular solution...

Attachments

• puck_424.png
    puck_424.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 156
Quickjack

A more recent post on PCGB says Costco are selling a Quickjack device for just under £1K.

Re: Jack stands - sort of.

Les Richards said:
This YouTube video came from the PCGB site today - who said PCGB was a waste of time? - and appears to be a much, much cheaper version of the jackstands/jackpoint idea.

Appears to work but I'm not sure about using a screwdriver to operate the jack!

Presumably with slight adaptation the space for the jack would accommodate a trolley jack pad for a quicker lift?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2DqnL3A1g

This video also appeared on one of the follow-up replies. My only concern here is that the 'mechanic' is wearing nail varnish...

https://safejacks.com/products/the-rennstand-by-safe-jack-single-unit

Hope both links work and apologies if already on this site.

Simplest is always best, looks a good solution to me, small trolley jack and better again, but there's something about using wood (ever since Stubbs and O' Reilly :grin:)

To be fair the wood looks stronger than the rennstands :grin:

Anyway going in......

gas station close by

Thanks for that link,
I'm going to grab one of the tilt lifts as it will definitely help with the front end removal and condenser change that I'm gonna be doing over the winter,
👍
The money I save on labour I'm hoping will pay for the lift, hopefully I'll be able to use it to get under the thing to check out anything else and remove some panels to get some ACF 50 in there ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back