Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Im afraid the only noisei herd was the secondary air pump in operation .. this will only happen for upto 1min from cold start though so not sure if thats the noise you are refering to .

deMort said:
Im afraid the only noisei herd was the secondary air pump in operation .. this will only happen for upto 1min from cold start though so not sure if thats the noise you are refering to .

It could be, but the car was running for around 2-3 minutes - should I be concerned that the noise is still happening after that long? Also, it seems to only appear very occasionally when a gear is selected

What is the mileage? Looks like a visit to an indy is on the cards.

Jay. said:
deMort said:

It could be, but the car was running for around 2-3 minutes - should I be concerned that the noise is still happening after that long? Also, it seems to only appear very occasionally when a gear is selected

The air pump will only run for a max of 60 seconds from cold .. if the noise happens after that then thats not the fault / noise .

Im afraid i agree with cheshire911 .. it will need looking at as from the video i cant hear a problem and im guessing neither can anyone else .. getting a gargage to confirm there is or isnt a fault is safest i feel .

A lot of time can be wasted trying to figure this out and we don't have all the info to go at. Sometimes, a job is beyond reasonable DIY and its a trip to the indy to test drive it listening to the noise, check codes and put it up on the ramp. It could be diff, gearbox or anything else. No mention has been made of mileage. many of these cars are high mileage examples these days and my indy sees them all the time - whines, squeaks, rattles etc and he is doing so many diff and manual gearbox strip and repairs landing their owners a big bill.

Its so often a case of wear and tear as the miles are put on.

cheshire911 said:
A lot of time can be wasted trying to figure this out and we don't have all the info to go at. Sometimes, a job is beyond reasonable DIY and its a trip to the indy to test drive it listening to the noise, check codes and put it up on the ramp. It could be diff, gearbox or anything else. No mention has been made of mileage. many of these cars are high mileage examples these days and my indy sees them all the time - whines, squeaks, rattles etc and he is doing so many diff and manual gearbox strip and repairs landing their owners a big bill.

Its so often a case of wear and tear as the miles are put on.

Yep, sound advice above. Thanks guys.

I'll take it over to Brookspeed next time I'm free - haven't heard the noise again since, but I'll keep an ear out and try and diagnose it a bit better in the meantime

Cars on 85k :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back