Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bovee 1000 for Gen 2 997

hi got the new cable and is working better but the volume dont work on the car so it very low. if you go to tuner and turn it up then go back to ipod it louder. i have an iphone 7. also how do you get spotify to work on in interface

ok sorted that problem. you need at least 1 downloaded tune on your phone for it to work. Any body managed to get the spotify playlists in the interface

I find that when using bovee with pcm set to iPod, sometimes pcm will not change the volume, but when using bovee with pcm set to aux, pcm volume control always works.

I can't get track name displayed when using Spotify (free version), but it will display fine on my old 2010 Kia.

Love154, what do you mean about having one song downloaded to the phone?? Did that fix track title display?

I wondered if it's because I haven't got the pcm software update for 7-digit postcode.

Hi all,

I have PCM 3.0 and have just purchased a Bovee 1000. I also have the Y cable connected. The issue I seem to have is the PCM doesn't display the iPod function at all... :? It is only showing Disc and Aux.

When I select Aux and play music playing through Spotify etc on my phone is it does stream the music through the car stereo but there is no control or display function all I have is the aux screen. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

AMS911 said:
Hi all,

I have PCM 3.0 and have just purchased a Bovee 1000. I also have the Y cable connected. The issue I seem to have is the PCM doesn't display the iPod function at all... :? It is only showing Disc and Aux.

When I select Aux and play music playing through Spotify etc on my phone is it does stream the music through the car stereo but there is no control or display function all I have is the aux screen. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Just checking haveyou connected both the Y cable and USB in the ports? If you have only plugged the Y cable it will not function.

James M-S said:
I find that when using bovee with pcm set to iPod, sometimes pcm will not change the volume, but when using bovee with pcm set to aux, pcm volume control always works.

I can't get track name displayed when using Spotify (free version), but it will display fine on my old 2010 Kia.

Love154, what do you mean about having one song downloaded to the phone?? Did that fix track title display?

I wondered if it's because I haven't got the pcm software update for 7-digit postcode.

Go to iTunes and buy a song and download it to your phone. It will then work with volume. Not sure but think you might have to have Spotify premium. I also don't have the updated pcm

Geezer 911 said:
AMS911 said:
Hi all,

Just checking haveyou connected both the Y cable and USB in the ports? If you have only plugged the Y cable it will not function.

Yes both are plugged in. It's streaming but only as AUX. which is pretty strange :pc: I'm using an iPhone X, not sure if that makes a difference. When I press the disc button it only shows the option for disc and aux, not iPod. Anyone else experienced this ?

AMS911 said:
Geezer 911 said:
AMS911 said:
Hi all,

Yes both are plugged in. It's streaming but only as AUX. which is pret
ty strange :pc: I'm using an iPhone X, not sure if that makes a difference. When I press the disc button it only shows the option for disc and aux, not iPod. Anyone else experienced this ?

your cable might be the problem

AMS911 said:
Geezer 911 said:
AMS911 said:
Hi all,

Yes both are plugged in. It's streaming but only as AUX. which is pretty strange :pc: I'm using an iPhone X, not sure if that makes a difference. When I press the disc button it only shows the option for disc and aux, not iPod. Anyone else experienced this ?

AMS just checking but assuming that you have a 997.2 with the iPod interface in the centre armrest and if so then are you using the Y cable the one with three ends or the I cable the one with only two ends . :?:

Phil 997 said:
AMS911 said:
Geezer 911 said:
AMS911 said:
Hi all,

AMS just checking but assuming that you have a 997.2 with the iPod interface in the centre armrest and if so then are you using the Y cable the one with three ends or the I cable the one with only two ends . :?:

Hi Phil,

Yes that's correct 997.2 with iPod interface in the centre armrest and PCM 3.0. My cable has two ends one that plugs into the USB and the other which plugs into the iPod section. I think

love154 said:
your cable might be the problem

may be correct as the cable I have came with the Bovee 1000 I ordered so the Porsche cable may be different?

- PCM 3 Y cable (PN 997-612-471-02) to connect the car iPod socket to the Bluetooth adaptor. The Y cable is required as the USB section is used to derive power for the adaptor. You can get this cable from the OPC for £25.

Careful when installing as the pins in the round connector are delicate and break easily.

As the usb is only for power, you could use a multi-usb adapter and have an additional usb music source (I use a thumb drive loaded with mp3's).

James have you got a link to the multi USB adapter, good idea I miss my thumb drive

e="James M-S"]- PCM 3 Y cable (PN 997-612-471-02) to connect the car iPod socket to the Bluetooth adaptor. The Y cable is required as the USB section is used to derive power for the adaptor. You can get this cable from the OPC for £25.

Careful when installing as the pins in the round connector are delicate and break easily.

As the usb is only for power, you could use a multi-usb adapter and have an additional usb music source (I use a thumb drive loaded with mp3's).[/quote] :thumb: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back