Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Plugging the resonator...

Milo72

I could spend £90 for a kit but I read on hear someone plugging the hole in the air box with an aerosol lid.

I've been through the garage, shed and under the sink, none of them are the right side.

Anyone know what fits best ?

I've put a Gillette shaving foam plastic lid on mine, fits well.

I'm gonna run some aluminium ones off any day soon. Will be about a tenner a pop delivered,

Thank you gentlemen.... Gillette Shaving Foam... I think I remember it being that, maybe it was your post I read. Does that fit into the air box end or up into the pipe?

Alex... I will have one off you if you do make them.

Milo72 said:
Thank you gentlemen.... Gillette Shaving Foam... I think I remember it being that, maybe it was your post I read. Does that fit into the air box end or up into the pipe?

Alex... I will have one off you if you do make them.

Just trim it down with a stanley knife so it fits nicely over the airbox inlet then push the rubber hose over it and tighten the jubilee clip :thumb:

alex yates said:
I'm gonna run some aluminium ones off any day soon. Will be about a tenner a pop delivered,

Yes please Alex :thumb:

Gents remember if you are leaving the resonator in situ then you need a cover but if your dremmeling out the resonator you will need a bung as the lip you put the cover on is part of the resonator and will not be there when you remove the resonator . :thumb:

thanks phil

I am thinking cut it all out but then glue back in or try and keep the neck of the resonator in the air box so I can keep the bung in and the oem piping.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back