Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The American approach to IMSB

If Americans were such good Engineers Why do we make all their Aerospace parts? :dont know:

:grin:

...the image epitomizes everything that I hate about the Americans; well it would be if he was stood in front of a picture of Trump :D

He does appear to be stood in front of a picture of the Whitehouse so that pretty much is a picture of trump.

alex yates said:
If Americans were such good Engineers Why do we make all their Aerospace parts? :dont know:

I notice our septic cousins launched a fantastic all singing all dancing stealth battleship the other day, very futuristic looking bit of death dealing state of the art war machine.....with a couple of nice RR engines pushing it along

Makes you proud

Hans Gruber said:
alex yates said:

I notice our septic cousins launched a fantastic all singing all dancing stealth battleship the other day, very futuristic looking bit of death dealing state of the art war machine.....with a couple of nice RR engines pushing it along

Makes you proud

Same pride you get when stepping into a GERMAN made car no doubt!! :grin: :thumb:

Jake Raby
@RabyEngine
Adventure Seeker, Big Game Hunter, New Family Man. Proud owner of Raby Engine Development and the RED Line of products

:shooter:

Might I suggest that the moderators review posts in this thread and confirm for those of us who may be in doubt, whether comments related to individuals or nationalities as in line with the forum rules?

It would be unfortunate if any person was offended as they innocently browsed on here for information related to the Porsche 996.

:thumb:

...should their sensibilities be so easily affected I might also suggest that the mods go further and include reference to the fact that mentioning IMS is likely to be equally provocative :floor:

Ghianightmare said:
Might I suggest that the moderators review posts in this thread and confirm for those of us who may be in doubt, whether comments related to individuals or nationalities as in line with the forum rules?

It would be unfortunate if any person was offended as they innocently browsed on here for information related to the Porsche 996.

Noted and text edits made accordingly.

Ghianightmare said:

Your'e kidding right?

:army:

Ghianightmare said:

What?

I've discovered a new phenomenon. Comments regarding "stage 1 failure" up to "stage 5" I'm not sure how the stages are measured. I thought there was only fine and f@%&ed.

Just to give the thread balance. I work for an American company and am the only non-US member of my team. Lovely bunch of intelligent hard working people despite their views on IMSB replacement.

UncleP. Thanks for posting this. I too am interested in why different forum groups are more concerned about the same things, but at different levels. For example, this is the only Porsche site that is relaxed about IMS failure and scoring / chunking. Our friends across the pond are more concerned about IMS than scoring. I'd like to understand why and hoped contributors would contribute sensibly to this discussion.

To balance comments previously made, like you, I have worked with US personnel for a large proportion of my working life, in my case Nuclear Engineers and found them to be highly intelligent, interesting and interested, thoughtful and very friendly. My son works in the US and is married to a Texan who is fluent in 4 languages, has a Masters in Economics and regularly delivers training courses to us Brits!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back