Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DME code bank 4 5 6

Milesp

Hi,

Have looked at a car which at the last service at a Porsche Indy was flaggedup as the above fault. Apparently the mechanic said the car did not drive as though it had that fault so it was left.

Any thoughts as to what the problem could be and if I were to make an offer on the car how much I should be taking that into account?

Thanks,

Miles

Is the light still on and the code still present or was it cleared and not come back since?

There doesn't seem to be a warning light on. I assumed it was a fault that only showed up when plugged into the diagnostic software?

Its an old fault code and probably refers to a misfire on bank 2 .

The mechanic should have cleared the codes .

Only way to prove it is do a fault code check on the car as i suspect you are just looking at paper work and not the vehicle .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back