Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Speeding in France clampdown

Alex

Nordschleife
I never really hear about people getting fines in the post from France. I've been flashed quite a few times and never heard anything. Twice this week I've seen people receiving them (on FB). One arrived yesterday and the offence was from last September :eek:

Might I add the offence was on a trip with some fellow members on here. Looks like the French Gov might be clamping down on issuing tickets to foreign speeding offenders.

Hearing about quite a few now some up to 8 months old. Looks like a lot more since they introduced the blanket 80kph last August
Waiting to see if I get one dropping through letterbox :eek:https://www.europe-consommateurs.eu/en/consumer-topics/on-the-road/driving-in-france/main-infringements-traffic-fines/traffic-offences-in-france-antai/
Might be worth checking here before paying

So what happens regarding point?
What happens if you don't pay?
How can they enforce it if you go with a different car next time?

FZP said:
So what happens regarding point?
What happens if you don't pay?
How can they enforce it if you go with a different car next time?

Wife's fine was just under £40 and she goes regularly so not worth the hassle not paying.

Blimey. Are they not covered by the same 14 day limit to issue a NIP?

I was very glad of the speed limiter on my Merc when I was there in the summer. Took the stress out of it.

I still haven't paid a 300 euro fine from when I was arrested and sentenced in court back in 2005. :dont know:

Just done a quick search on google for the past week and there's loads of posts on different sites from people all receiving speeding tickets from offences last September.

For 40 quid I'd just pay the fine, it's not like you are getting points, however all bets could be off by the end of the month, they might start refusing entry to people with unpaid fines if we bomb out

Reminds me of a few years ago when en route to Monte Carlo from Paris trying to get there for early evening. We were stopped and frog marched to the local Police Station, detained for a couple of hours while they searched through the car, let us sweat it out a bit and the relieved us of 400 Euros cash!!! Basically we had a speed detector thingy Road Angel radar detector apparently the Frogs take a dim view on these so I hid it under the front seat not well enough. Oddly we never used it after being warned by another Brit.
We weren't speeding when they stopped us because there was too much traffic. I guess they didn't like the look of the TVR Tuscan all liveried up in race
format and probably p#**ed off because they were in a boxy Renault van type thing with a ridiculous comedy siren and light, laughing at them didn't help us either but all the stereotypes were being played out.
In stark contrast the Italian plod loved the car and encouraged us to put
the hammer down!
Older and wiser now when driving in France, like my Dad used to say, ' You
can't trust the French!'

Haven't the high viz vest brigade disabled a large proportion of the speed cameras in France?

Porkaholic said:
Haven't the high viz vest brigade disabled a large proportion of the speed cameras in France?

Not the one that zapped me on the A6 south of Paris in February. 45 Euros fizzer arrived last Monday. I was in an Italian registered car which would have helped le Flic.
Rick

Got one this week - almost threw the envelope away as it resembled one of those "you've won the Swiss Lottery, just send us the £5000 admin fee to get your prize" - then just thought back to one from Italy for driving through a restricted area in a hire car years ago.
Anyway, we were in France for about 4 hours exactly six months ago as a side trip from Ypres visiting a war grave and were copped doing 85kph in a 70 area near Lille. Just paid the 45 Euros and forewarned for next trip on the day after Brexit (or when it is supposed to be).

Now a thing of the past - the EU's Cross-Border Enforcement Directive no longer applies so British motorists should no longer be sent fines for offences detected by roadside cameras.
Likewise, EU motorists will not be sent any fines incurred in the UK.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back