Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM2 CD

Digger7820

Hi long shott I know but I'm after a pcm2 cd for France for holidays later this year I have UK and Ireland but need France anybody have one to sell or know where I could get one or indeed copy me one Porsche now no longer support PCM2 many thanks Graham

Im afraid any update for the nav system will be years out of date on these cars .. i havent done one in rather a long time .

To be honest .. i think a tom tom would be the best option . maps on the pcm 996 are very old now and im not aware of a current update ..

Yes understand maps will be out of date but small towns and villages will remain the same we use maps to get there would just like to keep the car as standard
Many thanks Graham

try ebay if you're desperate, but it's pointless really. phone + google maps.

Maps

Hi digger I have a set of maps and the latest upgrade, still old though you can borrow them for holiday and make copy's if you can. You will find that on the newest motorways you are driving assross a field but they will get you between towns, and city.

Not sure if this helps, but found an ebay seller which sells the 2015/16 maps w/upgrade CD for about £6 :)

Yes looked on eBay thanks that seller only has UK and Ireland does not have any discs for Europe with thanks for your information

Many thanks to Steve1 who sent me the European discs and an initialisation disc but unfortunately did not work on my PCM

It seems I am running pcm2 with number 3 update if anybody could lone copy or suggest where I could purchase at a reasonable cost the European desk I would be willing to pay and reimburse any costs of course I don't like extra wires hanging around with an extra sat nav but would like to also keep the vehicle originally but if that's the route I have to go hey ho don't go to Europe that often so maybe one trip I'll have to try separate sat nav once again many thanks to Steve one for his efforts Graham

Im afraid there are various updates to the software for the pcm , from memory you had to have a certain software version for certain discs to work .

At the OPC we had a wallet full of them .. if you really want to keep it original then i would suggest have a chat with an OPC .. but dont bother with the service advisor .. you need to talk to a workshop controler or lead mechanic to have a chance .

There was a large bulitin of software versions and what maps it would support .. they need to reference that .. im afraid i dont have that info as its on PPN .. the Porsche system .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back