Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help, cabrio roof goes down when ignition turned off!!

AlanPM

Silverstone
Help, it's just started, when I turn the ignition off the cab roof folds down. I have changed key fob battery but no different. Only way to stop it was pull the fuse. I noticed the courtesy light was coming on intermittently just before pulling up. It also unlocks itself!!
Any suggestions greatly received.
I know it's not the IMS bearing before someone suggests it, as that was done earlier this week . :grin:

Hi deMort, thanks for the suggestion, spoke to Indy since, he is of same opinion, alarm box, although no sign of dampness, disconnecting battery so it stops locking and unlocking and turning interior light on and off intermittently.
Will let him examine Monday.

It will need a fault code check .. wet alarm cu is the most obvious but if that is ok then its a bit strange , but a rule of thumb .. anything where a cars central locking starts playing up is the alarm cu .. seen it many times , roof opening on its own is a new one on me im afraid ..and thats in 15 years on these cars !

Hopefully your indy is not south of you as this conversation would be pointless lol

Keep me informed please .. im very curious atm .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatandywhite
Back