Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New boots - which Michelin tyre?

MattyR

So I want some new boots for the 997. I'd like to stick with one of Michelin's various offerings but the question is which? I currently have Pilot Sport 2s, which I think are fantastic. But there's also Pilot Super Sports (are they N rated yet?) and Pilot Sport 4 S. Andy probably more besides. Ideas?

PS4S. That's all :thumbs:

yep best tyres all round. PS4S are epic.

I have priced up and will be going with PS4S from Black Circles as they seem to be offering the best deal for my sizes.

My Bridgestone's have 5-6mm of tread left but I find these tend to start cracking after a year or so (also have these on my daily runner) therefore all new purchases will be Mich.

+1 for the above, experienced the same issues. There is only 1 tyre to buy and that's the Michelin.

PS4S for sure - the very best tyre available... :thumb:

Just note that the only Michelins to be N-Rated are PS2's so, if you need a warranty, that's your only choice - which also rules out Super Sports... :sad:

Scholester said:
I have priced up and will be going with PS4S from Black Circles as they seem to be offering the best deal for my sizes.

My Bridgestone's have 5-6mm of tread left but I find these tend to start cracking after a year or so (also have these on my daily runner) therefore all new purchases will be Mich.

Try Camskill.co.uk normally cheaper than black circles

I've got PS4S and would recommend them. F1 Autocentres had some good prices at the time. I've got PSS and they are not hugely different, except the better rim protection.

John H said:

Just note that the only Michelins to be N-Rated are PS2's so, if you need a warranty, that's your only choice - which also rules out Super Sports... :sad:

Not sure about that, I have N Rated PSS on my Cayman at the rear.

Just been looking into this myself as I ran PS2's on my 996 a few years ago and liked them. I've discovered that, as far as 997 sizes go, PS2's are still your only N rated Michelin choice (well, those and the Alpin winter jobbies) and Michelin don't seem to have any plans to change this. Shame as I would have liked PS4S all round but as I've got a warranty I'm scuppered. Pretty poor show really from Porsche in this respect I think.

The return of Marty Wild said:
John H said:

Not sure about that, I have N Rated PSS on my Cayman at the rear.

They will likely be the ones for the front of the Carrera GT.

Gizmo750 said:
Shame as I would have liked PS4S all round but as I've got a warranty I'm scuppered. Pretty poor show really from Porsche in this respect I think.
In my 7 years with Porsche, I have never understood Porsche's eagerness to homologate Pirelli P-Zero rubber whilst largely ignoring modern Michelin tyres on many models/sizes. :sad:

Defies any reasonable logic. :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back