Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone here like Ducati's?

Simon W

Hello Porsche fans.
Some of you must like bikes....I've got a nice one for sale. Monster 696 in white 1 owner..6,600 miles + Ducati S/H
I've completely fookoed my back, and a 1 owner bike I bought a few weeks ago in January, has to go to a new home.

Some of you may remember me. I consider myself one of the no BS good guys from years gone by...... The bike's great, still under warranty from main Ducati dealer etc. Just can't ride it anymore.
Thought I'd put some feelers out on here.
Advertised elsewhere at £4,499. Happy to knock a couple hundred off that for a 911uk-er....
Description below, photos at the bottom....

Only 6,600 miles from new
Full Ducati Main Dealer service history
£350 of extras just fitted
MOT to 16 January 2020
Brand new Pirelli Tyres
Brand New Battery
Full service including cambelts just completed by authorised Ducati dealer
Remainder of Main Dealer Warranty to end April 2019.

This is a rather reluctant sale of my 2012 Ducati Monster 696 due to a back injury (entirely unrelated to the motorbike.) After a prolonged search, I have owned this motorbike for only 3 weeks prior to sustaining an injury that will prevent me from riding for at least a year – potentially forever. Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself right now....

The bike was bought new in 2012 from Hyside Ducati in Romford, and has been meticulously looked after by them ever since.

With the original owner having lavished care and attention on the bike and stored in a garage from delivery, this bike has enjoyed a full and complete service history. The motorbike was part exchanged back to the supplying dealer by its original owner in January of this year, and was given a complete pre-sale health check by the main authorised Ducati dealer in the week of 10th January 2019.

I had been looking for this particular bike for a long time. Ducati Monster 696, late production year, well looked after and, crucially for me, in white! I wanted a motorbike I could trust, with a detailed history and immaculate provenance, and this is what I found. Crushingly, I have ridden it fewer than 200 miles before a back injury means my riding days are likely to be over.

Prior to me collecting the motorbike, Hyside carried out the following work:

Full service including cam belts
New battery
New tyres both front and rear (Pirelli Angel) with less than 200 miles use
Fitted Evotech Tail tidy (£185 fitted)
Crash Bobbins (£65 fitted)
Oxford Grip Heaters (£135 fitted)

The value of all of the prep work carried out runs over £1,000, making this bike a veritable bargain. Any 2nd hand bike you buy privately, you'd be mad not to budget a sizable chunk for the bits you don't get told in the advert. This bike is covered by Hyside main dealer warranty until mid April 2019, and whilst that should provide some peace of mind, it really does want for nothing. I would wager you will not find a better value Monster for sale anywhere today.

The bike is wonderful. As perfect as a 2nd hand bike could get, with ultra-low miles, ultra-complete maintenance record and an extraordinary amount of fun; I am gutted that this wasn't meant to be for me.

This bike is available for viewing in North London (N10), however no time-wasters, ludicrous offers delivered via eBay message or test pilots. Test rides will only be offered upon proof of Insurance, together with cash deposit.

Happy to answer any questions, and send high res photos upon request....

I've included a couple of nice GoPro shots of how the bike looks form the riders position (day and night) not very helpful, but it's quite cool!

That looks a very good buy and at the right time of the season too.
GLWS
Regards,
Jonny

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back