Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tried my hand at carbon wrapping!

DucatiRob

Bought some 4D carbon wrap, have been thinking of covering a few bits and pieces for protection more than anything else, maybe make some stone guards! Not sure the suff I bought is ideal, but it is cheap enough to play around with!

Tried it on the steering wheel trim, won't be keeping it but useful for tying it out!

IMG-2066.jpg
IMG-2067.jpg

Carbon vinyl is one of the hardest to play with. I did the GTS conversion between my exhausts and it's hard stuff to work with. Not as stretchy as other types of vinyl. You've done well on the trim piece. Well done

Nice effort Rob, good to see the effect it gives :thumb:

Cheers Phil :thumb: It's not a bad effect at all, Don't think I will be using it on any interior bits but I bought it to try it on the new splitter I have ordered... which still hasn't turned up yet from Porsche :wall: If it looks a bit chav, it will come off pretty quickly :D

FZP said:
Carbon vinyl is one of the hardest to play with. I did the GTS conversion between my exhausts and it's hard stuff to work with. Not as stretchy as other types of vinyl. You've done well on the trim piece. Well done

:thumb: Not used wrap before, but as you say, it's not as easy to work with as I thought it might be!

Theres no place for fake carbon on a Porsche :hand:

AdeD said:
Theres no place for fake carbon on a Porsche :hand:

There is in my car :D

It's your car, do what you please with it :judge:

:thumb:

HSC911 said:
It's your car, do what you please with it :judge:

:thumb:

Exactly :thumb: Only me that has to live with it :D

New Threads

Forum statistics