Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Happy Porsche day to me

FZP

Zandvoort
So today is my P birthday. 5 years ago today I collected the 911. Points I remember.
Ringing the dealer the next morning first thing after seeing it on AT and driving 1.5hrs to see it.
Spending 5hrs with the dealer, walking out on him twice because I wasn't happy with the deal.
Signing the docs in disbelief that I was buying my first 911
Laughing internally that id pulled his pants down on the trade in😎
Getting in the car and feeling amazing driving off the forecourt
Feeling sick that id just bought my first Porsche at the very next intersection.
5 years on and it's been a great decision which I don't regret one bit, enhanced by you lot on here. :thumb:

FZP said:
5 years on and it's been a great decision which I don't regret one bit, enhanced by you lot on here. :thumb:

Snap. I was 5 years on Sunday.

:grin: :grin: nice post Frank, I am glad you brought it as this group wouldn't be the same without your contributions :thumb: :thumb:
I have to agree these cars get under your skin a bit don't they :thumb:

I was asked the other day if I was going to sell mine after the issues of last year with it and had I lost confidence in it . After considering the question for about .5 of a second :grin: the answer was no chance its got a new engine , rebuilt gearbox, new clutch and flywheel and new coolant pipes . its funny as any other car I have every owned would have gone long ago with those sorts of issues one after the other. :thumb:

March is prime collecting month it seems. Phil if you get yours back this month it will feel like a new car all over again.
My only legacy in this forum will be Trevor in the number plates for sale section......I wish people would try and sell more plates in there. :grin:
I can say that after 5 years of my ownership, it still smells new inside and drives the same.
I know Porsches are made for driving, but I get a genuine pleasure on the flipside and taking my time and washing it to the best of my abilities. Putting the cover on it after a good scrub is satisfying.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back