Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Burn up

love154

Trainee
As the title says took a freind out in my car today997.2 s with pdk and a new Audi s3 pulls up the side of me at the lights nice long duel carriage way ahead of us. So off we go and I was suppried this thing was with me. Any cars out there suppried you. Think I need a turbo

There are a lot of fast cars out there these days that will easily keep up with a NA 997...until you get to the twisty bits... then you should leave them for dust :thumb:

Most modern German hot hatches/faster small saloons are sub 5 these days.

A new Volvo V90 hybrid thingummy gave me quite a run in my 4S. Low down torque what did it, plus presumably an auto. It ran out of puff in the end but :eek:

I have the same :eek: when I try to chase bmw 530e iperformance

Audi S8 absolutely spanked my arse :nooo:

PanozGTR said:
Audi S8 absolutely spanked my arse :nooo:

No shame in that old ones are 5l v10s with about 450hp, new shape ones are 130k 600hp monsters!

No shame at all. I should have known better as I used to own an S4 that was also very quick. In my defence he had removed the badging on his car. :eek:

DucatiRob said:
There are a lot of fast cars out there these days that will easily keep up with a NA 997...until you get to the twisty bits... then you should leave them for dust :thumb:
:yeah:

DucatiRob said:

I think in the dry yes, but in a C2S its probably still going to be close against against the Quattro? :eek:

Possibly why the 992' s are getting crazy fast, to distinguish them from the hot hatch brigade, who are clearly catching up in their inferior Euroboxes :oops:

Had a bit of fun with an A35 AMG Today. Surprisingly quick on a dual carriageway. Thought it was an A45 at first. Driver was a sensible chap slowing down when appropriate.

Had fun with an early Mk 1 Cayenne Turbo a few days ago. After it followed me though a long B road valley pulled out onto an A road with two lanes our side, bit of a drag race through the gears up to legalish speeds then backed off. The old Cayenne porker turbo kept pace with my 4s no problem until I hit 4th and started to edge away. He was probably getting all of 5 mpg!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back