Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Millers oil question

emmbee

997.1 c4s

I'm currently using Mobil 3000 5/40 but as my mileage is approaching 120k (albeit with a Strasse rebuild at 75k) I want to change to Millers oil, but a bit confused.

Should I use 10/50 nano CFS or NT, is there a road car version or just competition spec. ?

Thanks in advance .....

Mark

Rob, I am not totally sure but seem to remember that the NTplus is a newer product with more nano particles making it in theory better for the engine , but Opie are very helpful on the phone if you call them I am sure they will explain in more detail the pros of both :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks Phil,

10% discount from Opie oils who seem to be cheaper than most suppliers anyway.

Thanks for the info and the tip.

Mark

How many litres does the millers oil come in, im due for my second oil change after a rebuild!

Cheers..

J

25 litre sizes

I asked Millers directly - see reply below.

Cheers,
Rob

------------

Good morning Robert,

Thank you for your enquiry.

You could go with a 10w50 as one of our customers Hartech recommend this viscosity, but that is more for more tuned engines and racing applications. For normal road use we would go with a 5w40 – but it is same answer to your query. Both products use the triple ester formulation ; the difference lies in the NANODRIVE low friction technology package. The NT+ has the full package were the none NT+ has part of the package. They both are a massive step up from an automotive oil – but the NT+ yields the best results and would be the best offering for your Porker.

CFS 5w40/10w50 NT+ up to 65% reduction in friction. (Typically)
CFS 5w40/10w50 up to 26% reduction in friction. (Typically)

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Mark

MARK CROSSLEY | TECHNICAL ADVISOR |

Sent: 11 March 2019 08:58
To: Technical
Subject: Millers 10w50 CFS vs CFs NT+

Dear Sirs,

I've been recommended your CFS 10w50 oil for a 2002 3.6L Porsche engine (road use). I've studied the Product Datasheet for both and apart from small differences in cold and hot viscosity cannot tell which one would be preferable for the application.

http://www.millersoils.co.uk/source/datasheets/CFS%2010w50%20(2).pdf

http://www.millersoils.co.uk/source/datasheets/CFS%2010w50%20NT%2B%20(2).pdf

Please could you tell me what the differences are between them and based on that, your recommendation? The OEM recommended oil is Mobil-1 5w40 and the engine has covered 90k miles since rebuild.

Regards,
Robert

H-Tune £51.99 for 5ltrs, currently!

Millers for 997.1 turbo

Hi Guys

I used Millers NT in my 997 C2s as recommended by Baz at Hartec.

Question what grade should I use in a 997.1 turbo with 50k on the clock :?: :?: :?:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

just ordered some Millers Oils NANODRIVE CFS 10w-50 NT+ for mine from Opie...never go anywhere else now...

£22.84 off, code: NTPLUS :)

FWIW I have changed mine to CFS NT+ 10w50. 996C4S on 115k miles. It feels great. Quieter on start up. Obviously higher oil pressure, as one might expect with a thicker oil.

Interesting email from Millers...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back