Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

BMW 3 Series service costs !

Porschekit

Suzuka
I've got a 3 Series daily driver coming up to 2 yrs old (17 reg) and I'm a couple of thousand miles short of the service light coming on......

The local dealership where I bought it called me the other day to advise it was almost 2 yrs old and would I be requiring a service? I asked what they do and how much they charge;

Oil & filter + a micro-filter (I presume air).........wait for it........

£347.00 !!! are they having a laugh ??

Anyone know if local BMW Indy's can do the service (obviously cheaper) but put a stamp in the book that is legit ?? and accepted as normal when selling on..

I don't know, but I'll be watching this thread for replies. I'm 15k off a service according to the M2's computer, but i'll be doing a yearly oil & filter at the very least anyway. Bird's are up the road from me so I'll drop them a line some time

Just got off the phone to Birds... :grin:

They charge £265 + VAT for -

Engine oil
Filter
1 hr inspection / check + report on vehicle
Update of online service history (BMW charge indy's £20 for this, but Birds include it in their price)

Hope that helps :thumb:

Wow, thats gone up a lot. When my bmw had its first service which was in 2014 the same items came to £170 at my local BMW garage!

Forgot to mention, that included topping up the windscreen washer fluid......for $4.75 plus a half unit labour (half an hour)........

Yes I know....I always top mine up before I go but still seem to get charged ! until I tell them it was full....then watch them squirm....

Anyone any answers about whether an Indy stamp is acceptable on a new car, first service and all that ?

Thanks.

Troosers down and wait for it, main dealers are a complete piss take. :cop:

The other half has a Vauxhall Adam, £180 for first service which is an oil change and washer fluid top up.
£12.00 for the original Vauxhall filter, recommended oil from ECP £35.00 plus washer fluid say £3.00, so that's £130 labour for basically an oil change.
Plus they get parts at cost.
Did it myself and stamped the book using my mates independent garage stamp plus some other bits whilst we are at it.

:dont know:

That sounds a lot for the first service. Wait till the major service at 4 years.
I've just booked our 2 series in for its 4 year service and its £364 for the service, then they want a other £73 for a vehicle health check? whatever that is plus the MOT, it's nearly £500!

I've just booked mine in for first service (20,000 mile) and was quoted c£500. Then they emailed me to confirm ........that they had got the price wrong and it was c£600 :hand: .....

A quick phone call back and it was back to c£500

Then a phone call to their local competition who discounted to £450 'to get the business"

Then got my local to agree £420 'to keep my business" :roll:

So they would have happily taken another £180 off me :judge:

However I'm happy with £420, its only every 20k miles nowadays (or 2 years) and there is a LOT of electronics on these cars now which get updated in the first few years, mine has c2 hours of software updates even though it was in 3 months ago for a full software update :bandit: Hence I would never take to an Indy in the first few years.

Put it into context of the 993 which will cost me c£300 for a service stamp to do 50 miles a year :hand:

If you really want a laugh - ask them how much they charge to top up the AdBlue!

Our local BMW place wants £63 to top up with 5 litres of AdBlue!

So that will be £5 for the AdBlue
Labour = let's be generous here and say 10 mins = £20

And the best part of £40 to take the piss!

Err. think that I will be doing that myself, thanks....

We have a good indy in Reading, but it is a bit of a schlep to get there

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stinkyspanner
Back