Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1st look at the 992 Turbo? Feb 2019

I read that they were all the same width now too. Or maybe it was in a YT vid/review

ETA: by 'they', I meant all 911s (992s)

Roro said:
I read that they were all the same width now too. Or maybe it was in a YT vid/review

It's definitely the case that 992 Carreras and the GT3 are going to be the same width but looking at the first pic above and some of the spyshot videos the turbo is almost certainly wider.

T8 said:
Roro said:

It's definitely the case that 992 Carreras and the GT3 are going to be the same width but looking at the first pic above and some of the spyshot videos the turbo is almost certainly wider.

Maybe it's just the different design of the Turbo makes it look wider in places but it's actually the same width at the extremes. Either that or we've all been lied to!

Roro said:
Maybe it's just the different design of the Turbo makes it look wider in places but it's actually the same width at the extremes. Either that or we've all been lied to!

Where have we been lied to :?:

I can't find a press release anywhere for the 992 turbo.

It's been reported everywhere that the 2wd & 4wd cars will share the same shell and I've read that the GT3 will do too but I haven't seen anything about the turbo model. I really can't see the 992 turbo being narrower than the 991 turbo which is what it would be if they used the 992 Carrera shell.

T8 said:
Roro said:

It's been reported everywhere that the 2wd & 4wd cars will share the same shell and I've read that the GT3 will do too but I haven't seen anything about the turbo model. I really can't see the 992 turbo being narrower than the 991 turbo which is what it would be if they used the 992 Carrera shell.

You may have a point there... I think I read/heard that they all used the same shell now and assumed that was for all models not just some of them

PS What's with the italics on 'turbo'?

Roro said:
You may have a point there... I think I read/heard that they all used the same shell now and assumed that was for all models not just some of them

I've just re-read an EVO article which says that for the first time since the 993 the new 911 will only come in 2 body sizes. For the 993 that was narrow for base cars and wide for the 'S' cars and the turbo.

I'm assuming that, as we know that the 992 Carreras and GT3 will all be one width, the turbo and RS cars will be wider.

I use turbo to highlight that I'm referring to the proper '911 turbo' as opposed to these JCL thingys that just happen to have turbochargers. :D

T8 said:
Roro said:

I've just re-read an EVO article which says that for the first time since the 993 the new 911 will only come in 2 body sizes. For the 993 that was narrow for base cars and wide for the 'S' cars and the turbo.

I'm assuming that, as we know that the 992 Carreras and GT3 will all be one width, the turbo and RS cars will be wider.

I use turbo to highlight that I'm referring to the proper '911 turbo' as opposed to these JCL thingys that just happen to have turbochargers. :D

'JCL"??

:grin:

Roro said:
T8 said:
Roro said:

'JCL"??

Johnny come lately's?

pzero said:
Roro said:
T8 said:
Roro said:

'JCL"??

Johnny come lately's?

Plausible, I've never seen it expressed as that acronym before, every day is a school day!

Roro said:
Plausible, I've never seen it expressed as that acronym before, every day is a school day!

Sorry, it's probably not a common acronym except on the football forums I frequent where it's often used when talking about those that think football wasn't invented until 1992. :D

Re: 1st look at the 992 Turbo ?

911UK said:
This image has appeared on line

Wide body 992 Turbo ...

I thought it was 2 pictures, but it's just both sides of the negative.

all the OPC General Managers were invited to Palm Springs recently and at the end of the meeting (?) they were all given lovely surprise of a being shown a physical 992 TURBO......someone told me for Porsche and would not say anything else.

How about this only being available in Turbo S form and being close to £200k OTR then. Again porsche source but not official.

The turbo S part makes sense as the Carrera turbo, turbo and turbo s has an obvious efficiency in models to make. Just delete the middle one and move pricing for turbo customers on by only having Carrera and Turbo S. they can still make gold/silver specials and call them exclusives.

That price certainly focuses the 992 turbo s against some very compelling competition... :?:

It's going to be one hell of a car if the C 4S and the like are as quick around a track as were being told they are.

Any idea on the possible bhp? With the current crop of Supercars having 600 plus it'll be interesting to see what we get.

Roro said:
T8 said:
Roro said:

It's taken over a year for us to find out but at 1900 mm the 992 turbo is (a) very wide and (b) 48mm (1.89") wider than the 992 Carreras.

The stance looks beautiful but at 1900 mm wide it's crossed over the 'too big' line for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back