Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air con delete

Thanks guys.
I have a whine so I'm assuming it's the pump. I'll maybe just whip it out and go from there. I. Any imagine there's too many cars specced without air con but like I said earlier, I have a sunroof so I'm not too worried about it.
If it runs to cold I'll just fix it and stick it all back in

Thanks for the link for the belt Martin. I was assuming it was going to be some over expensive modified parts.

Don't underestimate how hard it is to get the pump out/in. The rear bolt is tricky and you need to take the air temp sensor out, I couldn't get it back into the grommet, had to get help....

Ok. I haven't actually had a chance to look at it yet but. I don't want to get side tracked from the other bits I need to finish first.

Do the bolts hold anything else?

I don't remember what else I had to remove, but I'm pretty sure it was just the airbox. I'm sure it's pretty simple and could be done comfortably in less than an hour, including fitting the new belt and putting the airbox back in.

I'd guess plenty have been leaked to the atmosphere before. Possibly even my own as well.

I'll look more into it :thumb:

coullstar said:
But you have to get the system properly bled then re-gassed afterwards dont you? Id read it was illegal to vent to atmosphere.

yes it is an offence to knowingly release refrigerant in to the atmosphere.

If its not already accidentally leaked out you should get an air con person to recover the gas . vac the system.

Its an offence that can cost you .. well more likely someone like me a £20k fine and 5 years imprisonment .

To knowingly discharge a system to atmosphere or indeed regass a known leaking system both fall under this punishment .

If im told to regass a leaking system i have to say no .. if im told im sacked if i dont then im sacked .

I will also add .. if you try and vent this stuff out .. its very cold .. you will get frost bite or a Cold burn if you get too close to it .. not that anyone will .. as no one will do it :)

Ill also be rather displeased with anyone that admits to doing so .

The only times I have had to change parts on an AC system they have leaked so much that they were empty.

MC

I've ne er got round to doing anything about this yet but what are people's opinions on underdrive pulleys?
If I'm taking the pump out I may as well get the pulley kit when I'm at it.
Only thing I'm not happy with is under driving the water pump. If I take the air con condensers out, that should help with any heat issues I'm guessing.
That and I find my steering is heavy enough.
I wonder if it's possible I already have the pulleys?
Anyone know the sizes of standard pulleys vs under drive?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back