Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steve Wright's Serious Moddin' - SSK solid bush/bearing

:thumb:

:worship:

FRZ 911 said:
Finally got my finger out and the car in for fitting of Alex's modded SSK. What can I say? It's the dogs danglies with a superb rifle bolt action exactly what I was hoping for. Just came home via the local hill climb route......twice! The gear change is brilliant and addictive.

Anyone thinking of this mod should seriously consider Alex's well engineered solution - you won't be disappointed. :thumbs:

Any on the go yet Alex?

Mowed out at work but trying my best to try and do a run of these over the next few weeks. I'll report back when I have some good news.

FYI:

MisterCorn said:
I had a bit of spare time at home today so I fitted the quickshift mechanism I got from Alex.

MC

Even I'm not driving my car for many reasons I still like this shifter - Alex upgrade.

77szymon said:
I have installed SSK upgraded by Alex... I'm still learn how to change gears biggest problem for me "3" perhaps I setup to tight.

Thanks Alex!!!!

Szymon's C4S is now back on the road with many new parts fitted after he did a recent engine drop. One of those parts was the Powerflex gearbox mount inserts. Since fitting these, it has transformed the shifter and where Szymon was struggling changing from 2nd to 3rd, this problem has now been eliminated :thumbs:

Hopefully he'll pop in this thread and add his own comment.

The Black Edition

Don't get too excited, its only a colour change. :grin:

j2jN0I9.jpg

No, a left hooker :lol:

Are these still for sale Alex?
Do you keep a stock at all?
Thanks

Hi Rob,

Yes but I've just sold my last one today. I'll be doing another run over the next couple of weeks and be in touch.

:thumbs:

Thanks. Do I need to order a cheapo ssk or does your kit include everything I need?
Thanks

I supply everything you need. :)

:thumbs: for Alex's kit. Superbly engineered and top quality. Fitted yesterday, only took about 1-1.5 hrs. Toughest part was cutting the plastic bits off the old bushes....
Gear change feels brilliant now, it should have always been like this!
Thanks Alex
:worship:

:thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back